• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BlackNovaDesigns

BlackNovaDesigns

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

I know cPanel has a cPGS plugin, but has anyone tried to set this up on Nexus and does it work? Automatically start the service, create account and panel?
As i am going to soon be offering Game Servers for people to rent out.

Also if anyone knows if cPanel supports Voice Servers as we will be offering these out soon as well.

Thanks,
Kyle

#2 Jake Sully

Jake Sully

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

nexus dont support cpgs, only cPanel i think.

#3 BlackNovaDesigns

BlackNovaDesigns

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

I may be mistaken, but im sure i read some where it should work the same way as the cpanel intergration but 100% sure, as its a plugin for cpanel, so the basics are there so to speak.

#4 Jake Sully

Jake Sully

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

well nexus dont support it since i have not seen it saying it supports cpgs even cpgs is just a plugin it still needs nexus having cmds that goes into WHM then cpgs and create a server like it does with hosting but right now nexus doesent.

#5 Dmacleo

Dmacleo

Meet Jay

• +Clients
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

think of nexxus as more like WHMCS...it sells the space that WHM/cpanel allow.

Dave M
I'm a man.
I can change.
If I have to.
I guess.....

#6 GIANT_CRAB

GIANT_CRAB

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hello,

cPGS isn't at version 1.0 yet.
I doubt IPB would support this idea yet because there isn't even any official documentation due to it being at beta stage and very unstable with many bugs expected.

Besides, LVE is recommended if cPGS is needed for shared hosting, not everypony wants Cloudlinux.

Darren should be contacted for more information on cPGS.

Yours truly,
GIANT_CRAB
Support Operator @ LoomHosts

#7 Jake Sully

Jake Sully

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

cpgs is at 0.9.2-0.0.5 atm so it will take a whille befor it hits 1.0 :)

#8 BlackNovaDesigns

BlackNovaDesigns

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Ive worked around it for now, and awaiting for the API release in v1 ones its released, then ill develop the application to work with Nexus to work with cPGS, as the overall system works perfectly, Darren's done a great job already!

#9 AlexJ

AlexJ

Profiler

• +Clients
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

I wouldn't suggest to use Nexus for GSP application. WHMCS is much better compared to Nexus. Due to various bugs which get's introduced with Nexus release cycle their is always major issues with Nexus in couple of releases.

Example being: Check my forums and try to configure ET server for 40 slots. It's worse.

40$ first month price and then 12$ their after

Then you can't add COUPONS for renewals.. so basically for GSP where u need coupons with subscriptions, nexus is useless. I can go on but Nexus does need a lot of work before GSP providers can use it.

referral-0105609001340182954.jpg

#10 BlackNovaDesigns

BlackNovaDesigns

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

I wouldn't suggest to use Nexus for GSP application. WHMCS is much better compared to Nexus. Due to various bugs which get's introduced with Nexus release cycle their is always major issues with Nexus in couple of releases.

Example being: Check my forums and try to configure ET server for 40 slots. It's worse.

40$ first month price and then 12$ their after

Then you can't add COUPONS for renewals.. so basically for GSP where u need coupons with subscriptions, nexus is useless. I can go on but Nexus does need a lot of work before GSP providers can use it.

This may be your problem, but i seem to have worked this fine, mine is not the best solution but with a few changes it works fine, just awaiting the v1 release of cPGS and ill develop a API intergration with Nexus to allow setup, and it would be pointless for me to have WHMCS and Nexus on the same website, as i use Nexus for all my other Services and as for bugs, i cant seem to find any, all that i have come across was beta ones and now my setup seems to be flawless, even with the amount i stress test it. and for your renewal problem that looks like its set up incorrectly, as for mine can be $40 first month and $40 next month or what ever i like it to be.

#11 AlexJ

AlexJ

Profiler

• +Clients
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

This may be your problem, but i seem to have worked this fine, mine is not the best solution but with a few changes it works fine, just awaiting the v1 release of cPGS and ill develop a API intergration with Nexus to allow setup, and it would be pointless for me to have WHMCS and Nexus on the same website, as i use Nexus for all my other Services and as for bugs, i cant seem to find any, all that i have come across was beta ones and now my setup seems to be flawless, even with the amount i stress test it. and for your renewal problem that looks like its set up incorrectly, as for mine can be $40 first month and $40 next month or what ever i like it to be.

I assume you are not using IP.Nexus 1.5.2 then because it's confirm bug in 1.5.2 OR you are not using custom options in IP.Nexus.

http://community.inv...-applied-r38432

Edit: I checked your website. You are selling based on 1 slot and hence you are not having that bug .. u will encounter the bug if you start using custom package options.

referral-0105609001340182954.jpg

#12 BlackNovaDesigns

BlackNovaDesigns

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

That will be why then, Reason for not noticing :) Yea i slowly developing into Nexus for GS so i can support them better and create a better system for it. Got to much time on my hands at the moment. Why let you know if i can develop anything soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users