Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doubt about license

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a question about the license.

When the license expires, I will have some sort of restriction on the site and the client area?

thank you

luca3142001 likes this

Posted

In order to access technical support, product updates, and services, you need an active license. However, you can still access the IPS marketplace and technical support forums with an expired license.

Posted

In a way there is only this restriction. Software updates. And in a matter of security?

Posted

[quote name='AMBR-SP' timestamp='1339601530' post='2277201']
In a way there is only this restriction. Software updates. And in a matter of security?

In most cases, critical security patches are provided to all users, regardless of license status. However, general product updates require an active license.

AllanLima, AndyF and Kirito like this

Posted

[quote name='Collin S. ' timestamp='1339601989' post='2277205']
In most cases, critical security patches are provided to all users, regardless of license status. However, general product updates require an active license.

Thanks for the information. I'm going to pay now with PayPal, the release time normally purchase?

Posted

[quote name='AMBR-SP' timestamp='1339602211' post='2277208']
Thanks for the information. I'm going to pay now with PayPal, the release time normally purchase?

Most payments clear the same day, within a couple of hours, however it can take upto 48 hours for payment to clear.

Posted

It doesn't look like you can even download anything with an expired license either?

Posted

[quote name='Judge Dredd' timestamp='1339636246' post='2277371']
It doesn't look like you can even download anything with an expired license either?

Access to the latest version of the product requires an active license. However, you can still access downloads in the IPS marketplace under most license situations. If you have any specific questions, email accounts@invisionpower.com :)

Posted

Can you confirm that please? I've read at least half a dozen threads on here where people (clients, not staff) say that access to the marketplace is only available with an active license. (However, one of those also said if you don't keep renewing, your site would be shut down, and I know that's not correct).

You can still download from the marketplace if you allow your license to expire - you just can't view the support topics. Is that right?

Posted

Previously access was restricted to only those with an active license. We opened up access in March to those with an expired license as well.

http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-7484-additional-ips-community-enhancements/

Posted

thank you :)