Currently, I can scam any one of IPS' customers (who purchased IP.Content & IP.Nexus) running a subscription based site selling access to private articles.
Steps to scamming the IP.Content system of premium subscription and ruining other people's businesses:
- Find a target site.
- Count how many private articles exist. If the list is small, wait until the writers of the site dedicate hours of their time towards producing more articles.
- After a legitimate amount of articles are available, purchase the cheapest subscription.
- Now archive the entire site's private articles...yes, all of them.
- Immediately request a refund. If using Paypal, your odds of a refund are almost guaranteed.
- After receiving your money, publish all of the articles throughout the web, far and wide, making sure they are placed on multiple forums and article sites, including foreign based sites in Russia, China, etc.
How to avoid this problem? AKA. What is the solution?
Solution = Enable restrictions!
What type of restrictions?....there are multiple, great ways!
A) A token system. When you purchase subscription for any duration, you are allowed X amounts of article tokens. E.g., Purchasing subscription gives you access to 10 article tokens. You are then allowed to unlock 10 articles for unlimited personal viewing each month. This will definitely help prevent the scam scenario described above.
B) Setup IP.Download's like restrictions. Limit the amount of article views per day, week, or month. Setup minimum post counts to view a category's. Setup minimum age to view a category's articles.
Ideal solution: Either A or A+B.