• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kirito

Kirito

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

I have people send me reports every now and then, saying that they've been locked out of the downloads section for reaching their daily downloads limit, but claiming they have not downloaded the maximum daily file limit.

Sadly, there's nothing I can do about this. I think the problem might be realated to these users possible using download accelerators of some sort, but I'm not 100% sure.

Regardless, this is not a bug report, but a suggestion. It would be nice to have a funciton in the ACP to view how many files a user has downloaded that (day/week/month), how many downloads they have remaining for the (day/week/month), and an option to reset the users downloads limits.

Even show what active downloads the user has going, with the option to cancel/drop them. As I've also had a few people report the system reporting they still had active downloads running, preventing them from starting a new one, when they claimed they did not. This issue resolves itself after a while, but is still somewhat annoying.

I offer technical support and server installation/optimization services for IP.Board, Nginx, MariaDB, Sphinx, and more

If you're in need of such services, please feel free to send me a personal message!

#2 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,399 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

You can view the downloads already under Other Apps -> Downloads -> Main -> Statistics and running a Member Report.

The problem with resetting caps is that it is based on the logged downloads. The only way to reset the caps would be to clear the download logs for a user. It could be done, of course, but would mean you no longer have the logs for that user in the future.
  • Kirito likes this

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#3 Kirito

Kirito

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

You can view the downloads already under Other Apps -> Downloads -> Main -> Statistics and running a Member Report.

The problem with resetting caps is that it is based on the logged downloads. The only way to reset the caps would be to clear the download logs for a user. It could be done, of course, but would mean you no longer have the logs for that user in the future.

Hm, well, now I know how to manually clear them at least. Thanks for the response.

I offer technical support and server installation/optimization services for IP.Board, Nginx, MariaDB, Sphinx, and more

If you're in need of such services, please feel free to send me a personal message!

#4 IH_Jimbo

IH_Jimbo

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Could that possibly be changed into having say a cache of download logs that can be reset so we have a way to maintain quota issues without losing our logs? This is my biggest headache in regards to IPD. Also having the timestamp in the user report would be very very helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users