Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Package's Custom Field format

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I would really wish to see possibility to set required format for text Custom Fields for packages in IP.Nexus. As I am using the fields to provide some data by Customer and later to generate a key from it I have no control of what the he gonna enter there, e.g. nnn-nnnn-nnnn-n, aa-nnn aaaaa nn, to specify format and characters type. I think it is very useful here and needed as allows me to control the content entered by user. Also descriptions as tiptip would be welcome for the fields.

Hopefully you can add it in upcoming version.

Posted

Cuz you.. somebody will enter non-regular character and I have problem.. this is pretty useless to prepare my custom scripts to support non-regular chars.

Posted

Bump. Really need it as soon as possible.

I believe you have loads of work with numerous issues that are occurring for Nexus and I also understand the pain of headache that angry Customers can cause (I know that by myself, when I with my team have released some update of my software that was containing bad issues.. ugh, numerous of time when I nearly finished with broken keyboard, fortunately that never yet happened xD). From one side I understand them, from other side they do not understand developer.

I do not care about the current Nexus issues so much as I have not yet run my IPB as I have it purchased recently and still preparing it. I hope you will make Nexus more stable within 2-3 weeks as I would like to put my IPB to public then. Howver, Nexus is kinda neuralgic point of your service and making sure it is working with no huge issues could save you a lot of problems, especially that Nexus issues on live store may cause very bad issues to store's owners.. as you know that it may become very messy when comes to money.. broken invoices.. pissed customers thinking was screwed etc.

However, I find IPB products meeting my requirements. Many things is done the way as I would like to have them done. I picked IPB because of Nexus mostly and IP.Downloads. My needs aren't so huge, however. I would like to make sure that my little request I already made in the Nexus feeds section will not be lost among numerous of more serious issues / requests. I believe it would be done by you in 30 mins (I would have it done myself if Nexus would not be encrypted).

I know this is not the for such messages, however I wanted to make sure that the little request will be done in nearest update (I am even willing to support IPS with some amount of money just to make sure it would be implemented as soon as possible as it is something that CAN'T START WITHOUT.

And what is it? it is possibility to specify format of 'Text Input' for Custom Package Fields. As for me.. user who is making purchase it filling the inputs.. and I would like to make sure it is entered with required length and format.. like determine if numerical or a-z or any.. + the length and in addition to this description of the field, to explain user what for the input is. You see, as I use the Text Inputs of Package's Custom Fields for providing details for license generation will perform automatically, if somebody will enter something unexpected it can finish with huge mess, why it is so important to me. Best way would be possibility to specify regular Expression which would determine field format, this way I would be able to create any mask I want.

Let me know of such possibility.

With customer expectations and understanding of developer (tongue.png)

--
David A. Meatwek