• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marco G.

Marco G.

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

I am having hard time to understand how in the hosted solution I can set the IP.Content as the home page of our website. I am using the admin account for the demo site. This is illustrated in the article:

http://a11120.demo.i...ngs&do=advanced

(Other Apps/Content/Settings/Advanced)

"IP.Content provides a way for you to access the system from outside of IPB. This is useful, for instance, if you want IP.Content to run your website from the root of your domain, but keep your forums in a /forums subfolder. In order to utilize this capability, you will need to configure the settings below. Additionally, you will need to upload the 'index.php' file found in the Tools folder of your download to the directory IP.Content will be accessed from, and configure the path inside of it. If you would like to rename index.php to something else, you must specify the filename for 'Gateway filename'.

More information on how to access pages in IP.Content and how to use the included index.php file is available in the README.txt file found within the Tools folder."

Which Tools folder and files is the article referring to?

Thanks.

Marco

#2 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,575 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

The folder is an actual folder on disk when you download the IP.Content zip package from the client center.

With a hosted solution, you would just inform our technicians that you wish to use this setup, and they can set it up for you when setting up your hosted site. This isn't something you can "see" with a hosted demo, however, because you can't (1) access the zip file that has the tools folder, nor can you upload the special index.php to the demo installation, and (2) you don't have FTP access, so you can't change the setting that is in the configuration file for IP.Board to default to IP.Content instead of the forums.

This is a built in capability, but it's not something you can test on the demo I'm afraid, as it requires being able to access the install via FTP.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#3 Marco G.

Marco G.

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

I understand, it is pretty clear now, I imagine the same is true if for instance we want to use some of the add-ons such us the "(Neo) Free Content Portal 2.2":

http://community.inv...content-portal/

With the hosted solution, is there a limit to the support tickets that can be requested for these kind of requests?

Marco G.

#4 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,575 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Indeed, with the demo installation if an addon requires you to upload files you wouldn't be able to. Hooks that only have XML files to install via the ACP could be tested.

There is no limit to the number of support tickets you can file, however note that even with a hosted installation you can get FTP access to install addons yourself. :) This limitation is only present on our demo system.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users