Photo

Subscipription Renewal Checkbox -- Let Customers DECIDE!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ipbconvert

ipbconvert

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

From my support ticket, before they referred me here:

There really, really needs to be an option to have a checkbox that customers can click, and set it to default on or off, and let them decide whether they would like to renew subscriptions automatically or not. I mean, this seems so easy for Nexus to do... and especially in our industry where trust is such a huge factor in people's decision-making process, they want to feel safe like they have the option. Otoh, not giving them the option will push them far away, and has been doing so.

Honestly, for an app as advanced as Nexus, how is this not an option? Everything I've seen from IPB has been fair, intuitive, ethical, etc... to not give the customer such a basic option, and forcing them to disable the subscription manually, usually by canceling the subscription in Paypal, is hardly fair to the customer, and is killing our conversions!

Fix this.. please!

#2 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,384 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

If you create two PayPal payment methods, one with it enabled and one disabled, a drop down will display :)

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

#3 tired170

tired170

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

If you create two PayPal payment methods, one with it enabled and one disabled, a drop down will display Posted Image

Can you elaborate on this please? I'm trying to find a solution to a problem we're having with one of our packages not realizing all subscriptions auto-renew. We created a 2-week pass for non-paying members to have posting privileges in our ticket exchange forum but do not want the pass to auto-renew. Currently there is no way to create a package that has a set expiration time that does not auto-renew. If we could create an option for them to select not to renew it will stop the flood of complaints, but when I check the PayPal settings in Nexus there are no options to disable auto-renewal when creating a new PayPal gateway.

#4 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,384 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:58 AM

It seems you may be looking for something else.
It is not possible to create a package which will expire after a certain time with no option to renew - however, it is possible to create a package which will expire after a certain time and not automatically renew - if that's what you're looking for, contact technical support for further assistance :)

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

#5 tired170

tired170

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

It seems you may be looking for something else.
It is not possible to create a package which will expire after a certain time with no option to renew - however, it is possible to create a package which will expire after a certain time and not automatically renew - if that's what you're looking for, contact technical support for further assistance :smile:

Thanks Mark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users