Uses for Nexus?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

We host a worldwide community. Can Nexus allow our members to, similar to Marketplace, create say a fundraising campaign or sell tickets for the Women's Surf Gala Benefit? Or say a donation program for the beach shack remodel in Huntington Beach, and say another member wants a donation program to buy their first board wax machine?

What about a member who wanted to put on say a surfing clinic and they wanted people to register and pay - offering both regular and late registration fees?

Final question: can Nexus, like Ip Content, be installed in a separate subdirectory, or alternatively, in the same directory as IP Content so the marketplace appears in Ip content (we have IP Content installed in a separate subdirectory).

Thanks,

Brian

Posted

Should I repost this topic to elicit a reply from IPS pre-sales gurus or submit a ticket?

Thanks,

Brian

Posted

Yes, I would recommend emailing sales@invisionpower.com directly.

Posted

Sent my email. Mystified why so many other folks get their pre-sales questions answered in this forum but not for me or this topic. Not sure I get it. Maybe someone else's department kind of thing?

Some of you may be wondering why I don't just try the demo given my long time affiliation with IPS ... but here is the answer to that thought:

Get Your Free Demo Unfortunately, our demo system is currently full. We limit the number of active demo accounts on our system so all users can experience good response times from their demo account. Accounts are refreshed constantly so please try again later.

My suggestion: up your resources, double them , triple them but never get yourselves into a situation where you have to post something like that!

- Brian

Posted

[quote name='surferboy' timestamp='1342549246' post='2287948']
Sent my email. Mystified why so many other folks get their pre-sales questions answered in this forum but not for me or this topic. Not sure I get it. Maybe someone else's department kind of thing?

Some of you may be wondering why I don't just try the demo given my long time affiliation with IPS ... but here is the answer to that thought:

My suggestion: up your resources, double them , triple them but never get yourselves into a situation where you have to post something like that!

- Brian

Typically, when we release an update, many potential and existing customers all signup for a demo at once in order to try out new features that have just been released before they upgrade their own community. I agree, and it's something we never want to see happens, but every now and then the demo server becomes limited in order to keep it stable for the others. If you're ever in that type of situation, as Brandon mentioned, a quick email to sales@invisionpower.com and we'll get you on the list for one. :thumbsup:

Posted

[quote name='surferboy' timestamp='1342549246' post='2287948']

My knowledge of Nexus is limited, and thus I am not aware of all of the ins and outs possible in the software. Emailing the sales department is always going to net you the best response for very specific questions.

AndyF likes this