Nicolas M.

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Hi everyone,

first please excuse my English level :)
Thanks, now let me share my convertion experience with you. We had a phpbb forum and we moved to ipb last thursday.
The phpbb forum was also a convertion of a hosted phpbb community that I wasn't allowed to move by DB, therefore I moved it with a php code "reading" pages and writing in a mySQLDB (yes, magic trick).

But this convertion was smooth and easy to do, I want to thank you for your product and the forum, both are valuable.
I had a 100% success for content (MP, posts, permissions, accounts and so on).
I had one small error on forum_id, I had nothing visible after convertion but everything was stored in the database, I tracked it back to this error: topics were linked to -say- forum_id = 138 but the forum_id was 224 etc...
FYI I had a forum structure before migration, maybe it is linked ? Anyway, it was quite simple to correct (~20 forum id to change manually).

Constructive general remark : the admin panel is awfull to deal with, this is a design issue imo, I keep searching the forum for the path to the option I want to modify.

Again, great product and great converter.

our community : www.pokerchipsfactory.fr
  • Alex likes this

#2 lordi

lordi

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

yes indeed awesome converter, me try compare from vb and xf, and IPB converter is the best
minor glitch but all data successfully converted from my SMF to IPB
Me fail English, That's Unpossible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users