Changing Domain

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm about to renew my license but I would like to start with a new domain name. Is there any instructions to replace all links on the board to my new domain?

Posted

Hello, if you are referring to an owned license, you first must renew the support on the license, then you can change the url of your license from the client area, first move your forum to the new domain, remove the old one, then log into the client area, select your license, and then select "update url"

Posted

Note that you have to have a license that's a year old (or maybe 6 months old) in order to change domains. Otherwise you are charged a fee.

Posted

Note that you have to have a license that's a year old (or maybe 6 months old) in order to change domains. Otherwise you are charged a fee.

Slight correction here:
You get one free domain change per 12 or 6 months, depending on your license type. After that, there may be a fee. Your first change is free as well. Licenses must be 6 months old before they can be transferred.

Posted

Thank you for your responses but changing the domain of the license wasn't really what I was asking for (although I know it's necessary to update to change domains) but I find it really hard to reword so it's fine. :P

Posted

If you needed to change the links, then if you can post in the support forums someone will be able to assist, they can be updated in posts with a query or two. :)

Posted

Hello,

As Andy has kindly indicated it is possible to change the internal links in all topics by running an SQL command into the support section of your admin control panel (ACP)

Please feel free to submit a new post in the support forums if you need further help, or unable to find the answer via our forum search facility (top right).

AndyF likes this