6 replies to this topic

#1 Chaser

Chaser

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm about to renew my license but I would like to start with a new domain name. Is there any instructions to replace all links on the board to my new domain?

#2 Rhett

Rhett

R1Lover

• IPS Staff
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hello, if you are referring to an owned license, you first must renew the support on the license, then you can change the url of your license from the client area, first move your forum to the new domain, remove the old one, then log into the client area, select your license, and then select "update url"

"If you're spinning your wheels or sliding backwards... you better look for some traction, before you fall off the road!"

Rhett
Hosting & Support Manager
Invision Power Services Inc

#3 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Note that you have to have a license that's a year old (or maybe 6 months old) in order to change domains. Otherwise you are charged a fee.

#4 Collin S.

Collin S.

IP.Hippie

• +Clients
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

Note that you have to have a license that's a year old (or maybe 6 months old) in order to change domains. Otherwise you are charged a fee.

Slight correction here:
You get one free domain change per 12 or 6 months, depending on your license type. After that, there may be a fee. Your first change is free as well. Licenses must be 6 months old before they can be transferred.

-Collin S.
Invision Power Services, Inc.

if mouthsize > handsize
boogaloo shrimp and pogo sticks

#5 Chaser

Chaser

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

Thank you for your responses but changing the domain of the license wasn't really what I was asking for (although I know it's necessary to update to change domains) but I find it really hard to reword so it's fine. :P

#6 AndyF

AndyF

iQA4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,667 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

If you needed to change the links, then if you can post in the support forums someone will be able to assist, they can be updated in posts with a query or two. :)

#7 .Ian

.Ian

Needs Life

• +Clients
  • 7,003 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hello,

As Andy has kindly indicated it is possible to change the internal links in all topics by running an SQL command into the support section of your admin control panel (ACP)

Please feel free to submit a new post in the support forums if you need further help, or unable to find the answer via our forum search facility (top right).
  • AndyF likes this

Add Comet Chat to your community :smile:  

Non League UK

Play safe and purchase IP.Board from IPS! - click here to buy

Converting from Vbulletin, phpBB or another forum to IPB? Click here for the conversion service - it might be free!

IPS Hosting - click here for the prices & specifications. Some packages include a free version of IP.Board!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users