Personal Profile Albums
I'm proposing that Invision Power adopt a profile photo album system that most, if not all social media sites use. Do not confuse this system with the current IP.Gallery & the tab in your profile. Although the two are similar and share some basic (cosmetic) features, they are two different concepts and are used & managed in two different ways. Let me explain.
If you're familiar with the way photo albums work on vBulletin, Facebook, Myspace, various dating sites, and most other social media sites, you'll probably get a good idea of what i'm talking about right off the bat.
These albums, unlike in the current IP.Gallery system, are viewable exclusively in the user's profile regardless of privacy settings. They aren't viewable or viewed in the Gallery, nor are they compatible with any "Global Albums", and don't use Parent Albums. Instead they are personal and exclusive to the user's profile only. This creates a more personal and user friendly system for those who don't want their Photos displayed in the Gallery, but at the same time don't want to set privacy settings for their photos (However they can be optional). For people like me who are looking to create a more social-media based site, this is a small but vital feature to have.
- Photos viewed exclusively through Profile, regardless of privacy settings
- Albums and photos are managed through the UserCP
- Much like the current Gallery system, users can choose privacy settings (Public, Registered Users Only, Friends Only, Private)
- No use of the actual "Gallery" system
- No Global albums
- No Parent albums
- Photos NOT shown anywhere in the main gallery system, only through Profile
- It would be optional. Turned off by default. Community Administrator would decide whether or not to enable it
"Like" this post if you support this request!