lordi

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hello, finally I buy my first time ever of paid board, and I choose IPB

there is error occured as I try to convert my SMF here the error :

on member conversion :

7746: Could not fetch remote picture file.

post conversion :

Report was referring to something deleted

personal conversation conversion :

60: Starter not found.
65: Starter not found.
76: Starter not found.
77: Starter not found.
132: Starter not found.
140: Starter not found.
314: Starter not found.

And I got "converted with error" notification when finished convert category and forums, but no explanation

and error when rebuild photo thumbnails

my forum is simple forum, no attachment, no custom field

NOTE : although there are some error, All conversion done and after set permission, all seems there
all conversion done in localhost, after I know exactly what all the error mean, I will convert it in my real forum

please give me some advice
Me fail English, That's Unpossible

#2 MisterPhilip

MisterPhilip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hey lordi -

Welcome to IPB :) Hopefully I can help as I'm doing a moving a large forum over from SMF as well.

Could not fetch remote picture file
There are 2 possibilities for this type of error:
  • In SMF there is a setting that allows users to them to use external avatars (in other words leave their avatar on the member's server.) If IPB cannot access this file, this error is thrown and the user's avatar will not be converted.
  • There is also "Could not locate file" error, which is the same as above except it is a local file (the user uploaded it to your server and IPB cannot find it.)
Neither of these are critical per say, but can be annoying for your members if they have to re-upload their files. If you have a lot of these errors you might want to check the path you told IPB to look in for avatars. A typo in this could mean that none of your members have avatars ;)

Report was referring to something deleted
This is likely due to a post / topic that was deleted, but the "Report to a moderator" report was never deleted. In this case, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

##: Starter not found.
This is saying your members were deleted, but their private messages were still in the database. This isn't a big deal either unless you are getting this for all of your PMs.

Category / Forums "error"
If I remember correctly I had the same problem, but I didn't look into it at the time. I'm currently importing around 250k users, but once that is done I'll be importing the category & forums and will take a look. You can also look under /cache/converter_error_log_[date].cgi for errors.

Photo thumbnails error
This could be for a number of reasons, the first I would say is to check to see if you have PHP-GD installed (the graphics processing library for PHP.) If you login to the admin section, then go to Support -> Diagnostics -> Overview and check to see if you have "gd" under the "Loaded Extensions"

One other tip - I turned on the DEV mode whenever I'm working on a conversion. This will allow you to see any specific errors when converting (e.g. a bad database query, missing files, etc.)

If you're still stuck, you can always open up a support ticket with the support guys in the Client Area.
  • lordi likes this

#3 Sefket

Sefket

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

^What he said. And if you don't have GD installed, get your host to install it for you.

I convert, install IPB Boards, and more! Check my shop here.
Three important things for your website

#4 7Bya9K&Q

7Bya9K&Q

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

I've converted 3 boards from SMF (One of them was converted from Zetaboards to SMF and then to IPB) and I think I got this error each time. On all of these, it just turned out to be a file that IPB could not locate. I remember one of them being from imageshack and it was deleted or something off their account and IPB obviously does not pick up on this. I would just ignore this error as it is expected that some content will be lost between conversions. If this is the only error you're experiencing, count yourself lucky. :P
  • lordi likes this

#5 Sefket

Sefket

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

I've converted 3 boards from SMF (One of them was converted from Zetaboards to SMF and then to IPB) and I think I got this error each time. On all of these, it just turned out to be a file that IPB could not locate. I remember one of them being from imageshack and it was deleted or something off their account and IPB obviously does not pick up on this. I would just ignore this error as it is expected that some content will be lost between conversions. If this is the only error you're experiencing, count yourself lucky. :P

Woah, since when does Zetaboards allow you to purchase your database?

I convert, install IPB Boards, and more! Check my shop here.
Three important things for your website

#6 lordi

lordi

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

One other tip - I turned on the DEV mode whenever I'm working on a conversion. This will allow you to see any specific errors when converting (e.g. a bad database query, missing files, etc.)

If you're still stuck, you can always open up a support ticket with the support guys in the Client Area.

hello thanx for the awesome answer, really glad to join this wonderfull forum
BTW, I think I will try once more in localhost, just to make sure, oh, how to set DEV mode?

^What he said. And if you don't have GD installed, get your host to install it for you.

My hosting have GD plugin with others important plugin, so I thing I shouldn't worried bout that :D

ah, so all those error are just minor glitch, thanx for all the answer

#7 7Bya9K&Q

7Bya9K&Q

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

Woah, since when does Zetaboards allow you to purchase your database?

Technically they don't. There is a crawler out there that you can get that copies all the content on the Zetaboards website and makes a database of its own. Then you convert that to SMF, and then you can convert from SMF to whatever software you wish.
http://www.phpbb.com...?f=65&t=1761395

#8 MisterPhilip

MisterPhilip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

oh, how to set DEV mode?

This article can tell better than I can :)

I prefer to use the PHP script they provided (it is super easy to use.) For windows it looks something like this:
Start -> "Command Prompt"
C:\Users\Philip>: cd \path\to\IPB
C:\path\to\IPB>: php buildInDev.php
... script runs and you follow the on-screen prompts

• lordi likes this

#9 lordi

lordi

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

thanx all, I will start conversion on Sunday, will be give report here
thanx million for the information

regards,

#10 lordi

lordi

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Okey, another problem discovered

this is related to admin account, once I converted to IPB, seems I lost old admin account, as I see the post data for my old admin account, its merged with new admin account (new admin that created during IPB installation)

But, there are no synchronize betwee old acc and new acc, for example post count, I still got 1 post in my admin although by searching post associated with my account is 600++, and all still there, and join date, my old join date on my old acc didnt merge on my new acc

As I check another account, it seems only happen with admin,

how to fix this? please help me

#11 MisterPhilip

MisterPhilip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

If I remember correctly - when you're converting the members, any users with the same email address will only have their post counts updated for the lowest user ID. For example, when you create an admin account with a fresh install you are given an ID of 1. Then if you had an existing account in the database of 12345, it'll just add the post counts from the ID#12345 account to the ID#1 account. Users with the same username/display name will just be renamed to their username/display name plus a timestamp (e.g. UserA turns into UserA1234567)

You can also merge accounts if the above doesn't work. To do this, select the account you want to keep under Members -> select member (make sure it has full admin privileges.) Then under Actions -> "Merge with another member" will have a few fields you can select from for merging.

This tool allows you to merge two member accounts into one. All of the member data will be retained from the account 'user1'. All other data belonging to the account you select below (for example, topics and personal conversations) will then belong to user1 and the selected account will be removed.

#12 lordi

lordi

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

the fact is that right now, I cannot reach my old acc, as I try to search in member list. All post are there, and seems connected to my new admin acc, BUT, statistics on my new admin acc don't match, for example my new admin post stat is still 2 post, but actually there are 600 post from my old admin acc

I cannot use merge member, since my old acc is missing

how to overcome that problem? should I use, sync or recount tool on ACP or what?

#13 MisterPhilip

MisterPhilip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Right, you'll likely need to re-sync your post counts and other statistics (it's a really good idea to do so after a conversion ;))

#14 lordi

lordi

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

hem, is it okay, If I use sync again, since actually I do those all mentioned in conversion process including sync and count tool

regards,

#15 MisterPhilip

MisterPhilip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

It's always OK to re-sync. The only damage it does is a) produces some server load for a brief time (depending on how large your board is) and b) if you specifically set anything - like post counts - those will get overwrote. Otherwise, no harm.
  • 7Bya9K&Q and lordi like this

#16 lordi

lordi

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

thanx my friend, after I use "Rebuild user post count" all seems fixed

regards.
  • 7Bya9K&Q likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic