6 replies to this topic

#1 jhutton

jhutton

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

I am part of a club that uses SMF, and we would like to convert to Invision. We have already purchased the Invision software, but need some help on converting our forums.

We are a saltwater reef cub in the PA area with appx. 300 users (not all of which are active).

Could you please recommend a reliable consultant that we can use for the converion?

Best regards.

Joe

#2 AndyF

AndyF

iQA4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,628 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

You'll need to login with the email / password you used to purchase the software. :)

#3 MisterPhilip

MisterPhilip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Are there any specific problems you're running into, or are you just wanting to someone to do it for you?

#4 Christian M.

Christian M.

Advanced Member

• Previous Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

End Result: Customer left because of this statement posted by - AndyF

You'll need to login with the email / password you used to purchase the software. :smile:

Note how I bolded those words and highlighted them red - the smiley face wither made it worse or was just a scary threat
  • AndyF and lordi like this

I am a 16-year (as of July 14 2012) old freelancer web-deisgner, that took interest in IPS's IP.Board, IP.Content, IP.Blog, and IP.SEO and nothing more. I just randomly go through files find bugs associated with it (Finding bugs in the Bug Tracker), then attempting to fix them myself with my 16-year old brain's capacity. This is what I call fun, what about you? If you think what I do at my age is weird then deal with it. I don't care what you think. I answer all PM's through MSN (and Invisionpower too now). I'm also a part-time app developer for Windows 8 - basically meaning I make apps and check for bugs between Windows 8 and the apps. (Other company's apps too). You needn't worry about why im an outsider doing things like this, I just like to do things randomly because it's fun.
----------------------

Last Updated --

#5 AndyF

AndyF

iQA4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,628 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

I doubt it was because of me. The smilie was added to indicate the friendly nature of the post, nothing more :) It should not of been read as anything else.

The OP at the time of posting was in the 'Visitors' group not 'Members' nor 'Clients' which indicates either the purchase has not yet been approved or they are not using the same login they used to purchase, hence my message.

#6 Christian M.

Christian M.

Advanced Member

• Previous Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

I know you are trying to be friendly
------------------------------------------------------------
the majority of people that usually is a "visitor" are usually people who have ripped IP.Boards. They come on here to ask some questions hoping for an answer, in some end results "like yours" they will end up seeing the same thing, then you usually never hear from them (in some circumstances they might come back in a few weeks/months/years to try again). An sometimes in the end they find other communities that are capable of helping them.

Please note: Im saying this out of the multiple analysis I did for the past few months and the outcome, this is just my rough guess, it may or may not be right so dont take it too literal.

Also note: I may or may not be right about this person, this is just what I see out of analysis.

I am a 16-year (as of July 14 2012) old freelancer web-deisgner, that took interest in IPS's IP.Board, IP.Content, IP.Blog, and IP.SEO and nothing more. I just randomly go through files find bugs associated with it (Finding bugs in the Bug Tracker), then attempting to fix them myself with my 16-year old brain's capacity. This is what I call fun, what about you? If you think what I do at my age is weird then deal with it. I don't care what you think. I answer all PM's through MSN (and Invisionpower too now). I'm also a part-time app developer for Windows 8 - basically meaning I make apps and check for bugs between Windows 8 and the apps. (Other company's apps too). You needn't worry about why im an outsider doing things like this, I just like to do things randomly because it's fun.
----------------------

Last Updated --

#7 Christian M.

Christian M.

Advanced Member

• Previous Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

Also: I released a mod here: http://community.inv...ink-anonymizer/ - As you can see [Since im an outsider]-[read my sig] i have no more access to it, I don't mind. Just put it in the Market place or something at least so I can revise if the mod needs an update or not (No matter how much you try, I cannot but IPB Suite yet, I can make mods, I can make skins, but I cannot but IPB Suite yet, do not take this in the wrong way, I just cant afford it yet).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, Should I make a mod to bring Avatars back to 3.3.X or just make a tutorial to putting it back? [Either way I still wont have access to it in the end] - A lot of people have been requesting it, so I figure I might give it a go. Im almost done with it.

----------------------

Last Updated --

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users