#1 Bishoy

Bishoy

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hello,

I have recently performed a forum merge using the IPB converter, everything seems fine so far. But there's only 1 thing botherinng me which is the topics and members ids!

I have merged only the members, and decided to remove all the topics and posts and start a fresh start. New topics have big numbers IDs. I also want to arrange the member's ids and change some of them.

I know this might sound trivial, but I'd like to keep the community clean.

Any ideas? SQL queries to run or somthing?

Thanks in advance :)

#2 MisterPhilip

MisterPhilip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

I think it would be better to just import the members, and then recount statistics. However... if you've already imported topics/posts and need to reset the counter, the following MySQL queries should (untested) do the trick for you, if your tables are empty:
ALTER TABLE topics AUTO_INCREMENT=1;
ALTER TABLE posts AUTO_INCREMENT=1;
Do note that there are other tables (mainly any table with "topic" in the title) that should likely be truncated.

As far as members, there are a few tricks to get the IDs to be continuous (I'm guessing this is what you want), but there are quite a few places where the member ID is linked at. Because of this, I'd recommend not touching these. If I remember correctly, the converter should be changing the member IDs to continuous and then link the member's old numbers. Does that make sense?

Again, I don't really recommend this and you should just let it be the way it is.

#3 Bishoy

Bishoy

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Thanks a lot for your help :)

I will try the query you provided.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users