Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kunena 2.0?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Good evening, I have just taken over a site and it is a joomla community site and they just updated their forum to Kunena 2.0. I'm guessing the current converter for Kunena is for the previous version since 2.0 is newly released. Is there any estimate when the converter might be ready for it, unless it already is? Also, is the joomla converter for 2.5? Thanks again as I really am looking forward to getting the community piece of the site moved over to IPB!!

Posted

Usually they update the versions so its possible. They don't always update the Homepage / versions showing in the ACP when converting.

Posted

I am getting close to having the funds to switch over and had a friend try to run the converter on an up-to-date IPB forum he has and it didn't work with Kunena 2.0. Just wondering if there is any word on when it might be possible as I am really looking forward to switching over to IPB. Thanks in advance!

Posted

I am getting close to having the funds to switch over and had a friend try to run the converter on an up-to-date IPB forum he has and it didn't work with Kunena 2.0. Just wondering if there is any word on when it might be possible as I am really looking forward to switching over to IPB. Thanks in advance!

Personally I am not very familiar with the Kunea but can you check if another forum has a converter for your version of Kunea forum, like Smf, Mybb etc and if they do, convert to that forum first and then convert to Ipb. It is a little more work but I think it is the best way under the circumstances.

Posted

That's what I've been keeping an eye on, problem is that Kunena just released their 2.0 a few months back and the person that had the forum before me jumped at the upgrade frustratingly so. No one has released any updates for it yet, but will jump on in the minute they do!

Posted

You can try emailing sales@invisionpower.com to verify when and if the converter for that particular piece of software will be updated. Many times we update the converters based on need/demand, so if you indicate an update for the software just came out and you would like to convert, it is possible someone in the converters department can take a look to determine what changes will be necessary.