4 replies to this topic

#1 FuzzyYeti

FuzzyYeti

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hey there, I've been looking at expanding out from our free forums for my little community and IPB has been my #1 choice so far. But my biggest question I have is, I've made a conceptual design for what I want our new site to look like right here:

https://www.dropbox....awr_concept.jpg

(current forums for reference: http://www.rawr-blr.tk )

And I was wondering how flexable IPB is to handle this kind of design? The idea is that there's a small news feed near the header that would update on posted topics in a 'News' catagory from the forums and the catagories are formatted as you see there, (little numbers indicating amount of posts in catagory). Once you click on said catagory it would take you to a more traditional forum layout.

Anyways, I noticed that there's a number of offical plugins as well that may help me get where I want, but thought I'd ask if this was even possible with the initial board itself.

Thanks!
Paul

#2 Aiwa

Aiwa

I code for fun

• +Clients
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Out of the box, that is not possible.

It is possible to achieve, though. If you also had IP.Content and had some programming knowledge, or could employ a programmer / web designer to do it.

My Files and Support: aiwa.me

Have a gaming community?           Need Nexus Add-ons?                    Security

-Steam Profile Integration         -Automatic Ticket Creator              -Force password Reset

-Battlefield 4 Profile Integration -No Renewals (Sell trial memberships!) 

-Support Request Menu

#3 FuzzyYeti

FuzzyYeti

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

Out of the box, that is not possible.

It is possible to achieve, though. If you also had IP.Content and had some programming knowledge, or could employ a programmer / web designer to do it.

That's exactly what I needed to know, and since I did web design for 6+ Years and have prior programming knoledge, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the heads up Aiwa!
  • Aiwa likes this

#4 Heyhoe

Heyhoe

Let's Race!

• +Clients
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

Nice design.

#5 FuzzyYeti

FuzzyYeti

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thanks Heyhoe, I just wanted to make something different than most community forums, and hopefully this IP.Content will get me there. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult, it's just trying to get used to a whole new system and reviving dead braincells with coding knowledge :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users