• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GoldSport

GoldSport

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Does anyone know if it's currently possible to "preview" an MP3 before downloading it from IP.Downloads?

If not - is there any recommendation how to get this to work? Possibly embedding a preview snippet of the mp3 in the description of the download? Any IPB engineers or developers care to Private Message me for some extra cash if they can make it work?

The goal is to use IP.Downloads as a Record Pool for DJs - examples can be found here:
http://bit.ly/Q4EqIo

Has anyone ever seen IP.Downloads used as a record pool before?

#2 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

You can just post the mp3 link and it automatically parses.

#3 Neuro

Neuro

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

But parsing it in its entirety like that would circumvent the whole point of having IP.Downloads for downloading/purchasing the file and would offer little protection because it's easily rippable there in it's full quality; I think GoldSport is looking for auto-created audio snippets of the file to whet the downloader's appetite before committing...

Most of the big-name DJ download sites work around this by having their own standalone mp3 player/streamer (see Junodownload, Beatport or DJDownload.com for example) that streams a designated snippet of the selected file in a lower quality bitrate - I've no idea how you would emulate this unfortunately :sad:

#4 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Oh I thought he was going to create the snippet himself.

#5 Neuro

Neuro

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

Yeah that would work, but it's a lot of manual labour having to create low quality duplicates to stream if you have a music pool with hundreds of mp3s. :)

#6 Dmacleo

Dmacleo

Needs Life

• +Clients
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

I may be way off here but if you call up a specific player can't you just (in player settings themselves) hard limit it to whatever seconds you want?
thought flowplayer allowed settings to only play X seconds or something like that but TBH I never really paid attn to that.
so maybe for mp3 call up a separate player to do this?

Dave M
I'm a man.
I can change.
If I have to.
I guess.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users