• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jwdenzel

jwdenzel

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

My online store is growing fast. Very soon I'll be selling 2,500+ products. There's no way I can manually add all of those through the existing interface in this century ;-)

I would love if there was at least some kind of Bulk tools for importing large amounts of records.

In fact, I wrote a custom perl script to do this, but doing such things kinda terrifies me, and there'sno guarantee it will work in versions going forward. I'd much prefer if you guys had one!
  • B.Money likes this

#2 B.Money

B.Money

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

Is there no current way to add in products from XML or CSV? I'm also getting my products from a feed, where the product information changes a few times per week on many items. I thought all carts had this though... 3dcart, magento, Shopfactory..?
  • jwdenzel likes this

#3 jwdenzel

jwdenzel

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Is there no current way to add in products from XML or CSV? I'm also getting my products from a feed, where the product information changes a few times per week on many items. I thought all carts had this though... 3dcart, magento, Shopfactory..?

IP.Nexus does not provide this. I had to write a custom script to import the XML files I received.

#4 B.Money

B.Money

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

Would you be willing to share this script? :smile:

#5 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Well it's difficult, because "XML" could mean anything - a generic import script would have no way of knowing what of your data matches up with which fields in the Nexus database.

If you can export your data using the same columns Nexus uses, you can import a CSV file directly into the database using phpMyAdmin or a similar tool.

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

#6 jwdenzel

jwdenzel

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Well it's difficult, because "XML" could mean anything - a generic import script would have no way of knowing what of your data matches up with which fields in the Nexus database.

If you can export your data using the same columns Nexus uses, you can import a CSV file directly into the database using phpMyAdmin or a similar tool.

Thanks for the feedback Mark.

One thing to consider is for IP.Nexus to provide us with a CSV template. As long as we will out the template as you require (and maybe you throw in a little validation checking to keep us honest), then that way you're more assured to get what you need.

Either way, I think the point of this thread is to recommend you guys consider how a site admin could easily deploy a store with large quantities of items. Or import their store from another solution.

Think big. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users