7 replies to this topic

#1 kmslogic

kmslogic

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

Is it possible to have certain text or regular expressions to be converted to links? For example to make text which refers to products automatically translate to links to those products. Let's say grapes are a product I have -- any time the word grape appears in post text I want it to appear as a link with the anchor text of grapes that links to some page I have for grapes.

So... someone types grapes in a post and it appears as grapes automatically.

#2 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,575 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

You should be able to use the badword filter for this. Add "grapes" as a badword, and the HTML or bbcode as the replacement.
  • IPBSupport.de likes this

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#3 kmslogic

kmslogic

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

I tried that before posting this question, but I can't seem to get that to work on my demo installation (which is about to expire). Even when I try to do a simple text replacement like "Tilt" to "blobby" it doesn't seem to be working, so I'm clearly missing a step. I've tried both the exact and loose match options.

#4 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,575 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Note that you can set certain groups to bypass the bad word filter, and the admin group by default is set to bypass the bad word filters. Try changing the group options to turn this off, or log in as a regular member to post the word.

Brandon Farber

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

#5 kmslogic

kmslogic

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Ok yes that was the problem, so I turned off the bypass and it looks like what the badwords thing does is do a physical replace at the time of posting instead of replacing the text in any existing posts (which makes sense because you can bypass the filter, but won't work so well for me since I have thousands of existing posts on my board). Thanks for your help on this one.

#6 IPBSupport.de

IPBSupport.de

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

You should be able to use the badword filter for this. Add "grapes" as a badword, and the HTML or bbcode as the replacement.

Thanks for this idea/solution - but there are a huge problem: The badword filter also works (just fine) in topic titles... but... if you replace a "badword" with HTML or bbcode, the HTML/bbcode show in the topic title.

Do you have a solution for this? Maybe in 3.4? And if no: How can i made the changes from the badword filter undo? I used the "Recount & Rebuild" Tools and now have thousands of wrong topic titles and the backup from this day (last month) is no longer available (overwritten by a newer backup).

(i reportet this problem here)
Helge Holst
IPBSupport.de Organization

| German IP.Board Support | German Language Packs | My Amazon Wishlist |

"Programmining is similar to sex, if you make a mistake you have to support it for the rest of your life!"

#7 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,575 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for this idea/solution - but there are a huge problem: The badword filter also works (just fine) in topic titles... but... if you replace a "badword" with HTML or bbcode, the HTML/bbcode show in the topic title.

Do you have a solution for this? Maybe in 3.4? And if no: How can i made the changes from the badword filter undo? I used the "Recount & Rebuild" Tools and now have thousands of wrong topic titles and the backup from this day (last month) is no longer available (overwritten by a newer backup).

(i reportet this problem here)

Probably best to post in the support and/or feedback forums. :)

Brandon Farber

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

#8 IPBSupport.de

IPBSupport.de

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Ok thx, i postet it here, maybe you can think about this.
Helge Holst
IPBSupport.de Organization

| German IP.Board Support | German Language Packs | My Amazon Wishlist |

"Programmining is similar to sex, if you make a mistake you have to support it for the rest of your life!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users