Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IPB 2.3 -> IPB 3.3.4

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I found DB dumps (only DB) of my old forum, with ipb 2.3 version (2009 year) and I wanted to import to new version, but saw that there are no support in official Converter. So how I can do that?

P.S. Why there are no support of IPB old versions in official Converter, What the heck? :question:

Posted

Could you explain more detailed please?

Posted

[quote name='Vizelius' timestamp='1343174480' post='2290683']
Could you explain more detailed please?

then visit the {board_url}/admin/upgrade/ URL, IPB will recognize the database as being the version it is and run through the up-grader to bring your database up to the version you uploaded file-wise.

stoo2000 likes this

Posted

[quote name='Marcher Technologies' timestamp='1343175223' post='2290685']
upload the latest versions files, edit conf_global.php BEFORE visiting the board(may need to rename conf_global.dist.php to be said file), point it at the old database details(which you should have imported into your new sql server) and flip installed to 1/add the board url.
then visit the {board_url}/admin/upgrade/ URL, IPB will recognize the database as being the version it is and run through the up-grader to bring your database up to the version you uploaded file-wise.

And how to merge old upgraded and current DBs?

Posted

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I'm having a problem with this. I've followed the description above

upload the latest versions files, edit conf_global.php BEFORE visiting the board(may need to rename conf_global.dist.php to be said file), point it at the old database details(which you should have imported into your new sql server) and flip installed to 1/add the board url.

Here are the steps I've taken:

- move board files to wwwroot/forums

- edit conf_global and put in sql_driver, sql_host, sql_database, sql_user, sql_pass, and board_url (installed is already is 1)

- all properties point to 2.3.5 database

- navigate to {board url}/forums/admin/upgrade/index.php

When I navigate to the url, I get a driver error and a sql output that says it can't find the table. I understand that it can't find the table, but I was hoping that the database would have been upgraded. I'm I incorrect in this assumption. Is there anything that I can do to upgrade just the database with a new version of the board?

Thanks.

Posted

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I'm having a problem with this. I've followed the description above

Here are the steps I've taken:

- move board files to wwwroot/forums

- edit conf_global and put in sql_driver, sql_host, sql_database, sql_user, sql_pass, and board_url (installed is already is 1)

- all properties point to 2.3.5 database

- navigate to {board url}/forums/admin/upgrade/index.php

When I navigate to the url, I get a driver error and a sql output that says it can't find the table. I understand that it can't find the table, but I was hoping that the database would have been upgraded. I'm I incorrect in this assumption. Is there anything that I can do to upgrade just the database with a new version of the board?

Thanks.

you would have to go find the error, but if it is doing that, 10/1 either the db details are wrong, or it cannot connect to the database(see db details wrong).

Posted

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'systemvars','login_methods','vnums','app_cache','navigation_tabs','module_cache','app_menu_cache','hooks','useragents','useragentgroups','skinsets','outputformats','skin_remap','group_cache','settings','lang_data','banfilters','stats','badwords','bbcode','mediatag','profilefields','rss_output_cache','rss_export','meta_tags','ipseo_acronyms','indev','report_cache','report_plugins' )

SQL error: Table '*****_invision.cache_store' doesn't exist

SQL error code: 1146

Date: Thursday 10th January 2013 11:35:27 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 23:35:27 +0000

Error: 1146 - Table '*****_invision.cache_store' doesn't exist

IP Address: ::1 - /forums/admin/upgrade/index.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'systemvars','login_methods','vnums','app_cache','navigation_tabs','module_cache','app_menu_cache','hooks','useragents','useragentgroups','skinsets','outputformats','skin_remap','group_cache','settings','lang_data','banfilters','stats','badwords','bbcode','mediatag','profilefields','rss_output_cache','rss_export','meta_tags','ipseo_acronyms','indev','report_cache','report_plugins' )

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

| File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|

| C:inetpubwwwrootForumsadminsetupsourcesbaseipsRegistry_setup.php   | [ips_CacheRegistry]._loadCaches                                               | 1659              |

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| C:inetpubwwwrootForumsadminsetupsourcesbaseipsRegistry_setup.php   | [ips_CacheRegistry].init                                                      | 1494              |

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| C:inetpubwwwrootForumsadminsetupsourcesbaseipsRegistry_setup.php   | [ips_CacheRegistry].instance                                                  | 280               |

Posted

In the 2.3.5 version, the "cache_store" is named "ibf_cache_store". I assume that these problems are coming for the naming convention being different between the two.

Posted

In the 2.3.5 version, the "cache_store" is named "ibf_cache_store". I assume that these problems are coming for the naming convention being different between the two.

$INFO['sql_tbl_prefix']			=	'ibf_';

fill in your table prefix

Posted

Ahh geez, it works now. I had no idea what that field was used for. Thank you very much for your quick response and help.