10 replies to this topic

#1 Vizelius

Vizelius

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

I found DB dumps (only DB) of my old forum, with ipb 2.3 version (2009 year) and I wanted to import to new version, but saw that there are no support in official Converter. So how I can do that?

P.S. Why there are no support of IPB old versions in official Converter, What the heck? :question:
If you wanna make enemies, try to change something...

#2 stoo2000

stoo2000

I've been here a while...

• +Clients
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Why would you need to convert?

Just use the upgrader.
  • Marcher Technologies likes this

Stuart Silvester

Mandrill Bouncer v.1.1.1 - Download Now - Automated Bounce Management - NEW
Tracker v2.1 - Download Now
Trader Feedback System v1.4 - Download Now
Member Map v2 - Download Now - NEW
Content Spy v1.2.3 - Purchase Here

#3 Vizelius

Vizelius

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Could you explain more detailed please?

#4 Marcher Technologies

Marcher Technologies

$life=FALSE;$code=TRUE;$time--;

• +Clients
  • 11,746 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Could you explain more detailed please?

upload the latest versions files, edit conf_global.php BEFORE visiting the board(may need to rename conf_global.dist.php to be said file), point it at the old database details(which you should have imported into your new sql server) and flip installed to 1/add the board url.
then visit the {board_url}/admin/upgrade/ URL, IPB will recognize the database as being the version it is and run through the up-grader to bring your database up to the version you uploaded file-wise.
  • stoo2000 likes this

#5 Vizelius

Vizelius

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

upload the latest versions files, edit conf_global.php BEFORE visiting the board(may need to rename conf_global.dist.php to be said file), point it at the old database details(which you should have imported into your new sql server) and flip installed to 1/add the board url.
then visit the {board_url}/admin/upgrade/ URL, IPB will recognize the database as being the version it is and run through the up-grader to bring your database up to the version you uploaded file-wise.

And how to merge old upgraded and current DBs?

#6 Drew Meehl

Drew Meehl

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I'm having a problem with this. I've followed the description above

Here are the steps I've taken:

- move board files to wwwroot/forums

- edit conf_global and put in sql_driver, sql_host, sql_database, sql_user, sql_pass, and board_url (installed is already is 1)

- all properties point to 2.3.5 database

- navigate to {board url}/forums/admin/upgrade/index.php

When I navigate to the url, I get a driver error and a sql output that says it can't find the table. I understand that it can't find the table, but I was hoping that the database would have been upgraded. I'm I incorrect in this assumption. Is there anything that I can do to upgrade just the database with a new version of the board?

Thanks.

#7 Marcher Technologies

Marcher Technologies

• +Clients
  • 11,746 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I'm having a problem with this. I've followed the description above

Here are the steps I've taken:

- move board files to wwwroot/forums

- edit conf_global and put in sql_driver, sql_host, sql_database, sql_user, sql_pass, and board_url (installed is already is 1)

- all properties point to 2.3.5 database

- navigate to {board url}/forums/admin/upgrade/index.php

When I navigate to the url, I get a driver error and a sql output that says it can't find the table. I understand that it can't find the table, but I was hoping that the database would have been upgraded. I'm I incorrect in this assumption. Is there anything that I can do to upgrade just the database with a new version of the board?

Thanks.

you would have to go find the error, but if it is doing that, 10/1 either the db details are wrong, or it cannot connect to the database(see db details wrong).

#8 Drew Meehl

Drew Meehl

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'systemvars','login_methods','vnums','app_cache','navigation_tabs','module_cache','app_menu_cache','hooks','useragents','useragentgroups','skinsets','outputformats','skin_remap','group_cache','settings','lang_data','banfilters','stats','badwords','bbcode','mediatag','profilefields','rss_output_cache','rss_export','meta_tags','ipseo_acronyms','indev','report_cache','report_plugins' )

SQL error: Table '*****_invision.cache_store' doesn't exist
SQL error code: 1146
Date: Thursday 10th January 2013 11:35:27 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 23:35:27 +0000
 Error: 1146 - Table '*****_invision.cache_store' doesn't exist
 IP Address: ::1 - /forums/admin/upgrade/index.php
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'systemvars','login_methods','vnums','app_cache','navigation_tabs','module_cache','app_menu_cache','hooks','useragents','useragentgroups','skinsets','outputformats','skin_remap','group_cache','settings','lang_data','banfilters','stats','badwords','bbcode','mediatag','profilefields','rss_output_cache','rss_export','meta_tags','ipseo_acronyms','indev','report_cache','report_plugins' )
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Forums\admin\setup\sources\base\ipsRegistry_setup.php   | [ips_CacheRegistry]._loadCaches                                               | 1659              |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Forums\admin\setup\sources\base\ipsRegistry_setup.php   | [ips_CacheRegistry].init                                                      | 1494              |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Forums\admin\setup\sources\base\ipsRegistry_setup.php   | [ips_CacheRegistry].instance                                                  | 280               |

#9 Drew Meehl

Drew Meehl

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

In the 2.3.5 version, the "cache_store" is named "ibf_cache_store". I assume that these problems are coming for the naming convention being different between the two.

#10 Marcher Technologies

Marcher Technologies

• +Clients
  • 11,746 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

In the 2.3.5 version, the "cache_store" is named "ibf_cache_store". I assume that these problems are coming for the naming convention being different between the two.

$INFO['sql_tbl_prefix']			=	'ibf_';

fill in your table prefix

#11 Drew Meehl

Drew Meehl

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Ahh geez, it works now. I had no idea what that field was used for. Thank you very much for your quick response and help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users