15 replies to this topic

#1 cytrax

cytrax

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

Hi guys,

I have just migrated from vbulletin 4.2.0 to IP Board 3.3.4. Everything with conversion went well except for one critical element... Passwords.

Is this fully supported?

Thanks

Cytrax

#2 Sefket

Sefket

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Members, posts, topics and passwords get converted.

I convert, install IPB Boards, and more! Check my shop here.
Three important things for your website

#3 cytrax

cytrax

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

Members, posts, topics and passwords get converted.

Thanks for your response.

I've gone through the process twice, yet no joy! Everything else is fine except for the fact that members transferred from vbulletin can
t login using their old password. I would definitely expect this to work but maybe I've missed something?

#4 Sefket

Sefket

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

Thanks for your response.

I've gone through the process twice, yet no joy! Everything else is fine except for the fact that members transferred from vbulletin can
t login using their old password. I would definitely expect this to work but maybe I've missed something?

Are you sure you're doing this right? Did you go convert from the top to the bottom?

#5 cytrax

cytrax

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Are you sure you're doing this right? Did you go convert from the top to the bottom?

Absolutely!

A step at a time. While some completed with errors because some of the usernames no longer exists, I can't understand why the members are unable to log on using their vBulletin passwords.

#6 Sefket

Sefket

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hm. If you want, I can do this for you.

#7 cytrax

cytrax

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

I created a new account in Vbulletin using simple password and it worked out fine on IPD. However, if I use an account with complex 12 Alphanumeric with extra ASCII keys, I am unable to use the same password to log into IPB.

I'm now throwing more scenarios in to see what's going on.

#8 cytrax

cytrax

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hey Sefket... sorry I was typing my last message while you responded. I will post the outcome of my test here and seek help from you guys.

Thanks.

#9 cytrax

cytrax

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

I've just validated that the converter does NOT convert complex passwords. Anything that contains "!@#$%^&*() etc" fails to work. Simple passwords work fine (alphanumeric).

Any ideas?

#10 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

I wouldn't be surprised since there was some issue with passwords and special characters for the mobile app so they probably did some tweaking for special characters. File a support ticket and see where that gets you.

#11 cytrax

cytrax

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

I wouldn't be surprised since there was some issue with passwords and special characters for the mobile app so they probably did some tweaking for special characters. File a support ticket and see where that gets you.

Thank you, Lucy. I'll do just that today.

#12 Beka

Beka

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

The gallery doesn't work when converge
vb 4.2 > IP.Blog 2.6 & IP.Gallery 5.0.0

#13 code10

code10

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Hello,

Any solution for this problem? Also i converted from vBulletin 4, but user are not able to login. It doesnt matter if the password is complex or not.

I checked IPB database, and "conv_passwd" and "misc" have corrected data from vBulletin.

But as the sales people from Invision said before, the password when doing the first login not seems to get converted to IPB format automatically.

So, actually, no user can login !

Any ideas?

#14 AndyMillne

AndyMillne

Needs Serious Help

• IPS Staff
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

The converters should support all passwords including those with special characters. Please submit a ticket and we can take a look at this.

#15 cytrax

cytrax

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

The converters should support all passwords including those with special characters. Please submit a ticket and we can take a look at this.

I did another test run and several of the test users have experienced problems with their login credentials. While I was able to validate that IP Converter does not support complex passwords from vBulletin but migrating two accounts, one with simple password and the other with complex password, the simple password account was able to log in fine. I will submit a formal ticket on this problem but it is definitely a valid problem.

#16 AndyMillne

AndyMillne

Needs Serious Help

• IPS Staff
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

I did another test run and several of the test users have experienced problems with their login credentials. While I was able to validate that IP Converter does not support complex passwords from vBulletin but migrating two accounts, one with simple password and the other with complex password, the simple password account was able to log in fine. I will submit a formal ticket on this problem but it is definitely a valid problem.

There are various reasons why complex passwords may not be working such as character set mismatches or the wrong character set being chosen when setting up the converter. We will be able to confirm via the ticket, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users