Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RSS import of Gallery images - can't import subalbums

3 posts in this topic

Posted

This is kinda problematic for me. I have a "Member Albums" and bunch of member subalbums and wanted to create a forum with RSS import, every time a member uploads a new photo, upon RSS refresh, new threads get imported with info on new images..However, the RSS imports only the main "Member Albums" category, ie. images that are uploaded in the root of this category and which are NOT in any of the sub-albums.

Needless to say, RSS doesn't import any images from member subalbums. The subalbums themselves have RSS urls but it's very much impractical to create RSS import for each and every subalbum (not to mention a need to check on newly created member albums and to create RSS import feeds for them as well).

So, my question is, is there any way of making RSS import for both the root album and subalbums, in one shot?
If not, is there a mod or something which would make this possible?

Thanks.

Posted

Gallery 5 will have a global "Latest Images" feed which you could import instead. It would include any guest-viewable images.

Alternatively, category imports should accomplish this for you in Gallery 5, since sub-albums are no longer supported (and the category feed would include all images within the category, even if they are in albums within the category).

Breadfan likes this

Posted

^^Thanks for the info.