• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WilliamJSS

WilliamJSS

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hello, I am looking to purchase my own today! I do have a question though. Would I be able to import my Demo to full mode if I choose? As of now, I don't have a subscription yet, but think I may want to fool around a little with it first. I was just wondering if I could use my existing that I already have made progress with on the demo to full mode, or would I have to start from scratch?

Thanks,
William

#2 AndyF

AndyF

iQA4u

• IPS Staff
  • 26,306 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hello.

As far as I'm aware due to the way the demo's are constructed on the demo server it will not be possible to transfer any data out of them to a live community.

Andrew Ford

Client Support Technician and Marketplace Moderator

Invision Power Services, Inc.

Community Articles - Marketplace Guidelines - Marketplace Blog

A Look Back! - 1.0.1 - 1.3.1 - 2.0.0 - 2.1.7 - 2.2.0 - 2.3.6 - 3.0.5 - 3.1.4 - 3.2.3

#3 WilliamJSS

WilliamJSS

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hello and thank you for your quick response. I can see that this will be a long time host for my community already.
I hope I am allowed to ask another question in the same thread so here it goes.

As of right now, I will be footing the bill of this for the community, but in the process of maybe a year, I will be expanding (I hope) and will be open to the idea of a donation button. I have seen these on other IP powered boards.

My question is this.
Is this function included into the bundle? The ability to click on a link and have a donation to PayPal or whatnot work ? Or is it part of a app I have to pay for. Here is an example of what I want.
http://forums.unitedoperations.net/
You will see on the right hand side the donation area, that has the link and current donations.

Thank you in advance for your replies. And if this is another app or package I need to buy, what would that be. Thank you again.

#4 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,576 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

You can go one of two routes:

1) You can simply go to PayPal and generate the appropriate "donate" button HTML, and then insert it into your skin templates

2) If you purchase IP.Nexus, it features a powerful donations manager you can utilize instead (you can put in goals, have multiple donation runs, and so on).

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#5 Guest_Reystar_*

Guest_Reystar_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

There are few donations applications that you can find on the Marketplace, there is also a great one, called "Donation Tracker" it's great with a variety of advanced settings :)

Totally recommend it!
  • AndyF likes this

#6 WilliamJSS

WilliamJSS

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the replies!
Will check them out and see which one will fit our community the best.
  • AndyF likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users