• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 AtariAge

AtariAge

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

You've got to consider which is the lesser of two evils, remove the PM content from the e-mail or watch members reply to the e-mail which means the reply goes to the wrong place (a black hole or an admin mailbox (or one and the same!)).

On my system they go to the admin email address and I respond with a standard "blah blah blah you've responded to a PM notification email..blah blah..recipient did not see your message..blah blah..please login to the forum to respond to the PM directly".  So they aren't lost, but I do have to waste my time with this, and I don't really want to see anyone's private messages.  

..Al

#22 Jay

Jay

Dirty Thirties

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,064 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

On my system they go to the admin email address and I respond with a standard "blah blah blah you've responded to a PM notification email..blah blah..recipient did not see your message..blah blah..please login to the forum to respond to the PM directly".  So they aren't lost, but I do have to waste my time with this, and I don't really want to see anyone's private messages.  

..Al

Your username takes me back to my childhood E.T., Asteroids, and Pac-Man days.  

Thank you.

Posted Image

#23 The Heff

The Heff

√-1 2^3 ∑ π

• +Clients
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

..Al

Pretty much what I did the first few times. Then I changed it! Admittedly, I do not like repetition and it really grated on me.

Best one-liner ever...

I love me a good SEO topic.

East Midlands Stargazers | Moo-Haven Horse Rescue | Viva la Revolución Battlefield 4 Clan

#24 Danny Michel

Danny Michel

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

I'd love this as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users