3 replies to this topic

#1 Kirito

Kirito

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

There's a tool in the ACP to automatically bulk replace all matching tags with another tag, but this isn't a permanent solution.
This doesn't even exist, but can be accomplished the the Advanced Tags & Prefixes application,
http://community.inv...-tags-prefixes/

Say you have a forum where a lot of members are using the tag "art" and "artwork". Those are basically the same thing, right? Wouldn't it be nice to simply "auto-replace" all "artwork" tags with "art" or vice versa, the moment they are posted?

That's basically the gist of it. Similar to the acronym expansion functionality of IP.Seo, but for tags.

I've also seen hook here that "suggests" tags to users, which I think I might look into using. I'm not sure if this should be considered as a core functionality, but the way things are now, the tagging system can easily become chaotic and disorganized.

I mean, I still have a lot of members who fail to realize they must use commas to separate their tags.

Edited by Kiritsugu, 03 August 2012 - 04:34 AM.

• m3rk0rd likes this

RBiD22P.png This signature utilizes cookies. By continuing to view topics I have posted in, you are giving consent to cookies being used. RBiD22P.png

If you have a problem with this, please click here. Thank you.

#2 digifredje

digifredje

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:20 AM

There's a tool in the ACP to automatically bulk replace all matching tags with another tag, but this isn't a permanent solution.

Really? Where?

#3 Kirito

Kirito

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

Really? Where?

Sorry, this actually does not exist without the use of a third party application.
http://community.inv...-tags-prefixes/

Which, by the way, is an awesome application, but this further reinforces the point that IP.Board could really do with some improvements to the tagging system.

RBiD22P.png This signature utilizes cookies. By continuing to view topics I have posted in, you are giving consent to cookies being used. RBiD22P.png

If you have a problem with this, please click here. Thank you.

#4 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Yes this would be so great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users