Photo

"Confirm My Order" Suggestion (Important)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 topgunx

topgunx

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

Hello,

I use my own custom payment gateway that keeps the entire checkout process on my website. This means when a customer clicks the "Confirm My Order" button script is run in the backgound (similar to PayPal Pro).

Now a response from the bank or PayPal may take several seconds. I have had several cases where the customer has clicked on the "Confirm My Order" a second time causing the transaction to be processed twice. NOT GOOD!

My suggestion is that after clicking the "Confirm My Order" button it should "grey out". And even better if a "Please Wait... (spinning disk)" icon appeared.

Can this be done?

Thanks!
  • jwdenzel likes this

#2 Griffin80

Griffin80

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

This is exactly the problem I am having now with some of my customer. If they click 'confirm my order' before the green loading box at the top of the page completes they are getting errors.

#3 Kyanar

Kyanar

Let's say my yearly license expired in...

• +Clients
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

This is exactly the problem I am having now with some of my customer. If they click 'confirm my order' before the green loading box at the top of the page completes they are getting errors.

Thats a different issue, caused when Nexus hasnt yet changed the form on the client side after a payment method has been selected.
Mat / Fusion Digital Entertainment Limited
Our Website: http://www.fusiondigital.co.nz/
Our Forums: http://community.fusiondigital.co.nz/

Chronicle, the desktop time tracker for Windows • Fusion Menu, the leading navigation enhancement application for IP.Board • CommunityContact, the in development community newsletter application

#4 jwdenzel

jwdenzel

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

This is a good request to have the "Confirm My order" get grayed out or something. +1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users