Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gallery SEO Suggestion...

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Unless I am missing something, gallery automatically renames photo files to a series of digits. That is awful for google images SEO which pays a whole lot of attention to the image titles.

I spend a lot of time naming my photos with relevant keywords, but it makes no difference because when I look at google images and search for my site photos, they are all indexed with the numbers that IPGallery assigned to them

Is there a way to turn off the file renaming?

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:carolinahuddle.com&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=Xs0bULuBLqnn0gHIl4D4Ag&biw=1920&bih=923&sei=bc0bUIXqPIXw0gG5mYHwBA#um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&authuser=0&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=site:carolinahuddle.com%2Fboards%2Fgallery%2F&oq=site:carolinahuddle.com%2Fboards%2Fgallery%2F&gs_l=img.12...0.0.4.73353.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.4b8wcyeYM1Q&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=a49e6ad3b4697dff&biw=1920&bih=923

My images... filenames are awful.

Posted

Anyone have any ideas? All the seo for ip.gallery is fairly meaningless if it does not allow for descriptive filenames. I am getting my arse kicked out there soley because of this.

Is there maybe a work around?

Posted

To my knowledge it just how the system is done. I think it looks at title and not name of image.

Posted

Google images LOVES descriptive filenames and those with them are going to beat me every time.

Posted

or not...

Until this change is made SEO in ip.gallery is non existent.