• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Danny Young

Danny Young

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Howdy folks, just bought and had it installed the other day by Rhett. A huge thanks for his help, fantastic.

So converting from SMF to IP board and I've tried this 5 times with the same result. I can find the attachments folder and it starts to convert, but then at 60% the screen just goes white and the conversion stops at exactly 60%.

The images in the attachments folder for SMF is 1.7 gig roughly (nature photography forum) so is that size a problem of does the IP board need to have a folder somewhere increased in size from the admin area.

I'm sure I will have more questions for the experts, but I try and solve most things my self with searches.

All the best folks and thanks for the time.

Danny.

#2 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

White page means php error. What's in the error_log?

#3 Danny Young

Danny Young

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

Thanks for the reply. I think this is it...........

admin/sources/handlers/han_login.php on line 209

Tried it another few times and still it only gets to exactly 60%

All the best lucy and thanks.

Danny.

#4 Danny Young

Danny Young

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Heres the issue I have with the converting of attachments and where it leaves off after only 60%.

Just frustrating when I've tried this at least a dozen times now. Should I set up a ticket for the problem ??. Trying not to annoy them is all :smile:

Thanks for your time.

Danny.

Attached Files

#5 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Just a guess, but maybe there are lots of attachments to convert and you get logged out of the acp before the conversion finishes? I've never converted before...

#6 Danny Young

Danny Young

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

Good point, but I stay and watch the whole process with only that window open................ unless I'm getting logged out automatically at a set period of time. Hmmm, maybe not because I still stay in the admin area. Strange one. Also wondering if there is a limit set somewhere on the "Uploads" folder as to size limit, similar to SMF which you can change from the admin area.

Hey, thanks for your time and effort. its appreciated Lucy. I might just submit a ticket.

Danny.

#7 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'm quite confident the ACP logs you out after an hour.

#8 Dmacleo

Dmacleo

Meet Jay

• +Clients
  • 10,009 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

had same issue with smf conversion 2 yrs ago, php memory limit and max execution times needed to be raised for me.

Dave M
I'm a man.
I can change.
If I have to.
I guess.....

#9 Danny Young

Danny Young

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

had same issue with smf conversion 2 yrs ago, php memory limit and max execution times needed to be raised for me.

Brilliant. Took a look at a couple of log errors and yes, exactly it. So how do I go about that, any ideas and which php it is.

All the best and a huge thanks :smile:

Danny.

#10 Dmacleo

Dmacleo

Meet Jay

• +Clients
  • 10,009 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

should be done in your php.ini, where that is located depends on your server though.

Dave M
I'm a man.
I can change.
If I have to.
I guess.....

#11 Danny Young

Danny Young

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

I'll look into it thanks. Really appreciated.

#12 Dmacleo

Dmacleo

Meet Jay

• +Clients
  • 10,009 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

are you on shared host or your own vps/dedicated?
if using invision host you should be able to file ticket asking them to check this.

Dave M
I'm a man.
I can change.
If I have to.
I guess.....

#13 Danny Young

Danny Young

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for that. I'm on a shared hosting service with hostpapa. I'll ask them right now thanks. One guy there I dealt with the other day seems to know this stuff and he is very helpful.

All the best and thanks again :smile:

Danny.

#14 Danny Young

Danny Young

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

Hello,
Unfortunately, the php memory limit and max execution time are settings that can not be increased on our servers. You may need to download the files and do you conversion locally, then re-upload the new IP board site to the server.
--
Regards,
Tim R.
Technical Support Representative
HostPapa Inc.

So it looks like I might have to try this another way. I'll slowly create folders on the server for the IPB upload folder from another attachments folder in the root. I've pruned a lot of attachments to make it easier, shame but I can't think of another way around it.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Nice to know you folks are here :smile:

All the best folks.

Danny.

#15 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

Im not sure that method will work because some database changes might be involved.

#16 Danny Young

Danny Young

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

Its working Lucy. I create a folder called "a", download a group of attachments from the SMF folder (300 at a time) and upload them to "a". Then with the attachments converter in IPB, locate............ /public_html/a

then convert that folder and it adds the images to whats already there in the uploads folder of IPB. Rebuild the topics and a couple of other clicks and its working. Sounds complicated, but after the first try, its easy :smile: . So at least this way the posts are showing the correct attachments. Also at that quantity of images, its not crashing at 60%, phew.

All the best and thanks for in here. Shame hostpapa can't help out. Never mind.

Danny.

#17 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

Well it's good you found a solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users