5 replies to this topic

#1 DavidAM

DavidAM

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

Hello,

Another time I request the feature as it is like 'be or not to be' for me.

I am pretty unable to code it myself as Nexu's files are coded, all developers are refusing my order due to same issue.

This is very important that Package's Custom field.. especially TEXT INPUT field would have specified format validation.

What I mean is specified format of the expected data to enter into the field by end-user.

e.g. NNNN-AAAA-@@@@-NN

This was only example, however I would love to specify the format mask using regular expressions.. so this way I would be able to specify any format I want.

The fields in my case are used to enter data for license generating purpose.

IPS, if you have encrypted the Nexu's files.. listen to people needs some more.. first and the only feature I request since 4 months over. As this is the only thing that is missing.. hooking own stuff in Nexus files is a headache :S

Regards,

--
David A. Meatwek

#2 DavidAM

DavidAM

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 548 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:45 AM

Begging you to bring this 40 mins job in Nexus 1.5.3.. non of developers want to do it.. baa I proposed you donation for this feature to come in 1.5.1-2, you said no :-/.. I cannot do it myself as well. spent 2 weeks already trying to hook into that encrypted file..

without it Nexus is pretty useless for me :-/

Regards,

--
David A. Meatwek

#3 Lee

Lee

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

I agree, this would be a pretty important feature for me too.
  • DavidAM likes this

#4 DavidAM

DavidAM

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 548 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

for now I have to hold and validate all inputs before it will be passed to action script.. I use the fields to enter data needed for license generation using my 3rd party software.. however I must have validation on server side.. even I have it done on my generator.. it won;t say to customer that he entered something not accepted.. and what? in result the license won't be generated.. it is dangerous to allow customer to enter there any character.. I do not find other purposes I would use the package's custom fields for. And as I mentioned, best way would be to use regular expressions for it.. then we would be able to set any validation mask we expect, e.g. Allowed Characters: [A-Z][a-z]+[ ]* + max length

I am asking this little feature since Nexus 1.4.8. Please to have it under your attention.

#5 DavidAM

DavidAM

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

IPS, you are sending me to 3rd party Developers, even Nexus Author refused to do it for me as Custom order, said that it is not possible to be done trough hook or app.. he was the only way to get it done. I am not able to do it myself due to files encryption. The only thing left is to expect it from you, as I believe I have done everything to get it done from my side. I will have to quit from using Nexus if such option won't come in further version.

#6 Steven@wt

Steven@wt

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Just tossing my vote in here. Validation via regex would help me as well.
  • DavidAM likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users