Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

phpBB 3 to IPB issues

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I am having issues during conversion, these are the issues:

1. Users avatars, the salt is 4 different ones and I dont know how to use all. If doing a reconverting again it overrides the last one so there is no chance converting all 4 different salts or is there?

2. The Threads and Topics does not turn up but it shows no threads or topics at all just the forum without content and YES i have rebuilt everything as the guide suggests.

All help is highly appreciated. Also , if someone is kind enough to fix it for me, I can provide admin login credentials.

Thanks in advance.

Posted

I'm also new to IPB and migrated from PHPBB3.

I had this happen to me but I think the solution was permissions as they were not transferred causing nothing to show.

As for the avatars, I gave up on mine, tried several things, but in the end I'll have to ask my users to rebuild their avatars which isn't ideal.

Posted

[quote name='tanserman' timestamp='1344165927' post='2293929']
I'm also new to IPB and migrated from PHPBB3.

I had this happen to me but I think the solution was permissions as they were not transferred causing nothing to show.

As for the avatars, I gave up on mine, tried several things, but in the end I'll have to ask my users to rebuild their avatars which isn't ideal.

hi tanseman, do you remember which permissions that caused nothing to show up ? I didnt get an error during the clicking transfer buttons for topics and threads?

I can see the forums corretly in admin but not on board, there nothing shows up

Posted

Try copying the permissions from the 'test thread/category' and applying it to one of your own and then adapting it to suit your needs. You have permissions on your categories, something that isn't on phpbb to my knowledge.