#1 jojobean

jojobean

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Hi Staff;

I just got an upgrade to 3.3.4.

I can barely see the tags words now.in my blog secton I think there described as
Opaque.

Would someone tell me the steps to the skin where i can change this setting?

Thanks. You all have been so helpful.

#2 jojobean

jojobean

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Come on someone must know. lol

#3 AndyMillne

AndyMillne

Needs Serious Help

• IPS Staff
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Could you please clarify where specifically you are referring to? the tags in blog use the same styling as the rest of the suite.

#4 jojobean

jojobean

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Could you please clarify where specifically you are referring to? the tags in blog use the same styling as the rest of the suite.

I am asking about the tags shown on the index and the tags in blogs, all opaque .
Attached File  tag+darker.jpg   30.91KB   12 downloads

#5 PPlanet

PPlanet

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

That's intentional I think. The more people use a tag, the darker it gets, the less they use it the less noticeable. Other systems differentiate with font size, but somehow a difference between tags is needed. :smile:

There are a couple of 3rd party hooks in the IPS Marketplace to style them differently. I've seen one that looks like a real cloud with floating words. There may be others.

#6 jojobean

jojobean

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

That's intentional I think. The more people use a tag, the darker it gets, the less they use it the less noticeable. Other systems differentiate with font size, but somehow a difference between tags is needed. :smile:

There are a couple of 3rd party hooks in the IPS Marketplace to style them differently. I've seen one that looks like a real cloud with floating words. There may be others.

Okay then thanks

#7 AndyMillne

AndyMillne

Needs Serious Help

• IPS Staff
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

If you wish to adjust the styles then you can do so with the class declarations ipsTagWeight_1, ipsTagWeight_2, ipsTagWeight_3 etc. in the stylesheet

#8 jojobean

jojobean

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

If you wish to adjust the styles then you can do so with the class declarations ipsTagWeight_1, ipsTagWeight_2, ipsTagWeight_3 etc. in the stylesheet

This sounds like something closer to what I need,

Where would i find the Stylesheet, for these tag weights?

#9 jojobean

jojobean

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

I found the ones for the blog section and have made them bolder. On the main index the tags words are still opaque. Where is this style sheet located?

#10 jojobean

jojobean

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

got it. Thanks for your help.

Close

#11 gfhfstg

gfhfstg

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for this, this was exaclty what was bugging me too, I could care less with the tag weights, on our site they all are important, and the very light tags were just too hard to see, I was able to set them all to same opacity of 1.0

To find this go to Admin --> Look and Feel --> Manage Skin & Templates, will find this under CSS the ipb_styles.css file open it and Roll down to /* TAG CLOUD */

There you will find the 8 tag weights and can set opacity anywhere from 0.0 to 1.0 for each weight level.

• jojobean likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users