blog Tag words barely visible

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Staff;

I just got an upgrade to 3.3.4.

I can barely see the tags words now.in my blog secton I think there described as
Opaque.

Would someone tell me the steps to the skin where i can change this setting?

Thanks. You all have been so helpful.

Posted

Come on someone must know. lol

Posted

Could you please clarify where specifically you are referring to? the tags in blog use the same styling as the rest of the suite.

Posted

[quote name='AndyMillne' timestamp='1344380234' post='2294875']
Could you please clarify where specifically you are referring to? the tags in blog use the same styling as the rest of the suite.

I am asking about the tags shown on the index and the tags in blogs, all opaque .
post-226048-0-81192000-1344392681_thumb.

Posted

That's intentional I think. The more people use a tag, the darker it gets, the less they use it the less noticeable. Other systems differentiate with font size, but somehow a difference between tags is needed. :smile:

There are a couple of 3rd party hooks in the IPS Marketplace to style them differently. I've seen one that looks like a real cloud with floating words. There may be others.

Posted

[quote name='PPlanet' timestamp='1344394905' post='2294925']
That's intentional I think. The more people use a tag, the darker it gets, the less they use it the less noticeable. Other systems differentiate with font size, but somehow a difference between tags is needed. :smile:

There are a couple of 3rd party hooks in the IPS Marketplace to style them differently. I've seen one that looks like a real cloud with floating words. There may be others.

Okay then thanks

Posted

If you wish to adjust the styles then you can do so with the class declarations ipsTagWeight_1, ipsTagWeight_2, ipsTagWeight_3 etc. in the stylesheet

Posted

[quote name='AndyMillne' timestamp='1344419185' post='2294978']
If you wish to adjust the styles then you can do so with the class declarations ipsTagWeight_1, ipsTagWeight_2, ipsTagWeight_3 etc. in the stylesheet

This sounds like something closer to what I need,

Where would i find the Stylesheet, for these tag weights?

Posted

[quote name='AndyMillne' timestamp='1344419185' post='2294978']

I found the ones for the blog section and have made them bolder. On the main index the tags words are still opaque. Where is this style sheet located?

Posted

got it. Thanks for your help.

Close

Posted

Thanks for this, this was exaclty what was bugging me too, I could care less with the tag weights, on our site they all are important, and the very light tags were just too hard to see, I was able to set them all to same opacity of 1.0

To find this go to Admin --> Look and Feel --> Manage Skin & Templates, will find this under CSS the ipb_styles.css file open it and Roll down to /* TAG CLOUD */

There you will find the 8 tag weights and can set opacity anywhere from 0.0 to 1.0 for each weight level.

jojobean likes this