9 replies to this topic

#1 rookie2012

rookie2012

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Im new to this whole fourm stuff can someone tell me the steps to getting my site up and running ounce i purchace a package i have a domain.

#2 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,561 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hello,

This will depend on whether you go with a hosting account with us, or purchase a license and host the software yourself.

If you host with us, you don't need to do anything. We will install the software on your hosting account and get it all set up for you. If you are hosting the software yourself, you will need to purchase hosting space with a company, a domain name from a domain registrar, point the domain name to your hosting space, and then either install the software on your hosting space yourself, or submit a ticket requesting that we do this for you.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#3 rookie2012

rookie2012

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

o

Hello,

This will depend on whether you go with a hosting account with us, or purchase a license and host the software yourself.

If you host with us, you don't need to do anything. We will install the software on your hosting account and get it all set up for you. If you are hosting the software yourself, you will need to purchase hosting space with a company, a domain name from a domain registrar, point the domain name to your hosting space, and then either install the software on your hosting space yourself, or submit a ticket requesting that we do this for you.

ok i want yall to host it but i want to use my on domain also if i want to set up google ads to genterate income can that be done on yall system.

#4 AndyF

AndyF

iQA4u

• IPS Staff
  • 26,273 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

You can use your own domain name with IPS Hosting, simply sign up and use one of the provided free subdomains, then when it is installed / ready to use submit a ticket requesting it to be changed to your own domain name. :smile:

A technician will make adjusts at IPS's end and you'll just need to make a couple of DNS changes with your registrar, possibly as simple as just putting the nameservers in.
  • Mikey likes this

Andrew Ford

Client Support Technician and Marketplace Moderator

Community Articles - Marketplace Guidelines - Marketplace Blog

A Look Back! - 1.0.1 - 1.3.1 - 2.0.0 - 2.1.7 - 2.2.0 - 2.3.6 - 3.0.5 - 3.1.4 - 3.2.3

#5 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,561 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

You can use google ads with our software, yes.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

#6 Coolguy7152

Coolguy7152

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

I would buy their hosting its very great! Also you can contact support and they will park your domain for you :)

#7 rookie2012

rookie2012

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hello,

tr\

thanks. Trying to purchase but getting this error. atal error: Call to undefined method app_class_nexus::formatPrice() in /home/invision/public_html/clients/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_nexus_payments.php on line 3400

#8 Mark H

Mark H

Gramps

• IPS Staff
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Our apologies for that confusion.

The error should be sorted out now. Please try again?

#9 rookie2012

rookie2012

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'm lost do they have a step by step guide for beginners i no nothing about getting this forum up and running were do i start.

#10 AndyF

AndyF

iQA4u

• IPS Staff
  • 26,273 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:28 AM

It depends on if you have a hosted community in which case the board will be installed for you, or if you have a self hosted licence in which case you'd need to provide hosting details for a technician to install it if required.

It may be best to submit a ticket in the Client Area for initial assistance. :smile:

Andrew Ford

Client Support Technician and Marketplace Moderator

Community Articles - Marketplace Guidelines - Marketplace Blog

A Look Back! - 1.0.1 - 1.3.1 - 2.0.0 - 2.1.7 - 2.2.0 - 2.3.6 - 3.0.5 - 3.1.4 - 3.2.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users