Categories / Forums and posts not showing after conversion

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I ran the conversion from phpBB 3 to IBP last night and most of it seemed to go ok, although the conversion did have some problems with some IDs/indexes on the categories/forum converson.

However, on the forum index there's no sub forums or categories, and the search doesn't work, but in the back end I can that I've got 50,000 posts, 26 subforums etc.

Can someone please give me a point in the right direction as to why I can't see it all?

thanks,

Jamie

Posted

Probably you don't have permissions to see the fora.

Posted

I think something has gone wrong here. I'm logged in as an admin account, select a user that has 1200 posts and go to "find content" and I'm told that there's no content for that user?

I've set the fora/categories to show to all users, but it still doesn't work?

Posted

There are 2 likely causes for this.

1) you have not yet set up forum permissions from ACP > Forums.
2) A step of the conversion was rerun and you did not then reconvert the steps following it.

Gorgasm likes this

Posted

Thanks.I've re-run the converter again to make sure, and encountered even more conversion issues, starting with the members table.Now, when I select the permissions in any of the categories/forums that I've converted over and hit save, the permissions aren't saved? However when I create a new category the permissions changes are reflected and I can then see the forum.:S

Posted

I now have the categories and different forums showing but I can't see any topics inside them, despite IPB knowing how many topics are in each one.

I found this http://community.inv...ying-in-forums/ which is basically the same problem I'm having, but I've run through the auto prune/archiving and ensured that it is disabled and that the cut off date is set to "show all"

Please see http://www.eastcoastdubs.co.uk/forum if you need more info.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie

Posted

Did you run the rebuild tool and resync the topics / forums after import ?

Posted

I'm having the same problem and the advice given so far hasn't helped... :(

Posted

If you want, I can try to this for you.

Posted

i am also having the same problem!

converted from latest version of phpbb 3, ran into a lot of errors but not THAT many.. i figure i can live with losing a hundred posts and a bit of data here and there.

i've run all the recount/resync mentionned in the conversion guide. I never re-converted an item twice without not reconverting every time underneath.

and now I can't see any of my forums.. they are all there in the ACP.. but if I edit the top parent category it is marked as "not shown" and if I check any of the "show" checkboxes, or all, and then I save.. well it never saves!

how can I fix this ?? why isn't it saving the permissions?

Posted

There are 2 likely causes for this.

1) you have not yet set up forum permissions from ACP > Forums.

That's the problem. They cannot be saved.

Just converted from vBullletin4. No converted forums show up. In the Forum Settings → Permissions every thing is unchecked, but checking it and saving it, don't have an effect. If I open the permission tab again, everything is unchecked again. 

This only happens for the converted forums. I can add new ones in the backend and configure them without problems. 

Posted

Okay, got it working after set this not in the Forum Settings but under Manage Member Permission