• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

I grow mushrooms because it's something that I like to do, so much that I built a website about it. I grow mold too. I also kill mold for a living. Whats cooler than having a mold remediator show up with some freshy grown mushrooms that are still attached to it's substrate, and growing?! :tongue:

But certain mushrooms are very healing things. Reishi has been been proven to have many anti cancerous properties, shiitake reduced my blood cholesterol, trigs etc. Some just look really cool.

The pink ones are Pink Oyster mushrooms. They are very good to eat (and good for you too). Really easy to grow as well, especially for the beginner. ;) ;)

They dont stay pink though when you cook them. All of the different species of oyster mushrooms turn white when you cook them.

(enough rambling from me. I could easily talk about this for hours)

Also, I tried out Vbulletin. the ACP has nothing on IPB's ACP. I would not hesitate to switch over, for sure, just for the ease of operation, and pure quality.

Everytime I go to a forum that is on VB, I say to myself IPB IS SO MUCH BETTER LOOKING!!

I had to remove my backlinks to my forum for fear of violating googles ridiculous policies :(

IPB FTW

#22 Tigratrus

Tigratrus

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

When I try to go to shroomology I get an access forbidden 403 error, might want to take a look at any recent changes you've made.

James

#23 Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

When I try to go to shroomology I get an access forbidden 403 error, might want to take a look at any recent changes you've made.

James

its because you are using a proxy of some sort. I had to block them temporarily because of a crafty spammer.

edit: should be good to go now. I removed the .htaccess codes that were blocking you. If I see the spammer again, I will just block him a different way. sorry for the inconvenience.

I had to remove my backlinks to my forum for fear of violating googles ridiculous policies :(

IPB FTW

#24 Tigratrus

Tigratrus

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Ah. ::nods:: I'm coming in on AT&T using my phone via hotspot and I've seen issues with their proxy before, so that makes total sense. Working now!

We just shifted to a whole foods plant based diet in the last year or so (massive health improvement), and mushrooms are very much a favorite around here, so we'll probably be trolling through your site from time to time. :)

James

#25 Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Ah. ::nods:: I'm coming in on AT&T using my phone via hotspot and I've seen issues with their proxy before, so that makes total sense. Working now!

We just shifted to a whole foods plant based diet in the last year or so (massive health improvement), and mushrooms are very much a favorite around here, so we'll probably be trolling through your site from time to time. :smile:

James

If for some reason you need help with something, or have any questions, you can always PM me here, if you are not comfortable with my board.

Also, if you have trouble registering due to the proxy, I can make an account for you.

IPB FTW

#26 Berg.

Berg.

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

It's pretty cool that you have discovered the real cause, and that good that you will stay with IPS ...

#27 Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

It's pretty cool that you have discovered the real cause, and that good that you will stay with IPS ...

Yea as soon as I realized it was my fault, I felt horrible. >_< IPS is great, and they are very helpful in support too. I didn't know that they changed the license structure, and I was trying to renew (because I had said before that I would not), so I messed up and bought the wrong thing. They fixed it for me though after trying to translate my confusion into making sense.

IPB FTW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users