IP.Nexus vs Subscription Manager
Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:48 AM
Apart from support is there any other functionality or improvements over the subscriptions manager which is purely related to subscriptions?
I don't want to use the store or advertising functionality.
Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:13 AM
- View in other currencies
IP. Nexus allows:
- Allows all but view in other currencies, no.
Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:46 AM
- Subscriptions Manager only allows customers to purchase one subscription at a time - Nexus allows multiple subscriptions.
- Nexus has a better storefront for showing packages allowing groups, different views, options to sort by popular/recent/featured packages, etc.
- Nexus allows multiple renewal options - for example, you can charge one price for a month or another price for a year.
- Nexus supports "product options", allowing you to have options when purchasing which adjust the price.
- Nexus has more payment gateways, and better gateway integration, including: (See the Supported Gateways link on this page for more info)
- Entering card details directly
- Saving card details securely for recurring payments
- Issuing refunds directly from Nexus
- Nexus has much better options for discounts to certain users based on previous purchases, usergroup, etc.
- Nexus has advanced fraud screening features, including integration with MaxMindfor fraud screening and a simple interface for managing pending payments.
- Nexus supports coupons and gift vouchers
- Nexus has much better tax handling
- Nexus has much better reporting functionality with the ability to generate charts and graphs
- Nexus has much better logging functionality, with a detailed customer history page
And that's just with regards to subscriptions! If you want to start selling physical or digital products, use the support system, start tracking referrals or selling advertisements, Nexus has many more features in those areas.
In addition, Nexus is an IPS product with our fantastic support team on hand, and Nexus receives active development.
The last release for the subscriptions manager was in April, and that release only added support for IP.Board 3.3 - it doesn't look like Subscriptions Manager has had new features added in over a year.
The last Nexus release which added new features was in June, and the last bug fix release was yesterday.
I'd encourage you to sign up for a demo to try it out if you haven't already
- pjfry likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users