• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bikedorkseattle

bikedorkseattle

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

We are migrating our forum (UBB) and gallery (PhotoPost) software to IPB. We have been on this platform for almost 12 years and have a board with over 23k registered users and 1 million posts. Of the many issues that we face in this migration, images from PhotoPost that are embedded in posts is one of the largest. The simplest solution to this is leaving the old photopost data folder in it current location to maintain the image paths. Ideally, I'd like to take advantage of the all the Gallery functionality including the new lightbox functionality.

So my question is are there any solutions out there that will scan the database and correct the src paths and add the correct tags to convert inline PhotoPost images to Gallery 5?

Thanks!

#2 bikedorkseattle

bikedorkseattle

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

I forgot to add. We are on Photopost 7.1. Will the converter work on this version?

#3 bikedorkseattle

bikedorkseattle

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Has anyone migrated both their forum and gallery to IPB? What did you do about your imbedded links? I know I'm not the first :)

#4 AndyF

AndyF

iQA4u

• IPS Staff
  • 26,313 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

I'll move your topic to Presales as you do need information on the conversion itself, however it may be easier to open a ticket in the Client Area if you are not sure of specifics about what the Photopost converter will do. :)

Andrew Ford

Client Support Technician and Marketplace Moderator

Invision Power Services, Inc.

Community Articles - Marketplace Guidelines - Marketplace Blog

A Look Back! - 1.0.1 - 1.3.1 - 2.0.0 - 2.1.7 - 2.2.0 - 2.3.6 - 3.0.5 - 3.1.4 - 3.2.3

#5 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,581 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

I just took a look at the converters package, and there are redirect scripts for Photopost included with the download. The old links should redirect to the new URLs.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

#6 bikedorkseattle

bikedorkseattle

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

Thanks Brandon. It's not the links to images I'm worried about, it's image tags that I'm worried about. Are there any current method to convert the ubb image tags to the appropriate IPB ones and correct the src paths to the Gallery5 images?

#7 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,581 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

This question I'm afraid I don't know the answer to (I'm not involved at all with the conversions area). I recommend emailing sales@invisionpower.com to get a definitive accurate answer. :)

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

#8 Ford Doctor

Ford Doctor

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

bikedorkseattle, I am interested in how your conversion from UBB has bone including your PhotoPost migration as well. I too am looking to move from UBB to IPB and I also use PhotoPost.
IP.Board   3.4.5
IP.Content   2.3.6
IP.Gallery   5.0.5
IP.Chat   1.4.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users