Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Modify post" setting gone on latest version?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I seem to recall that in older versions there was a setting where you could set on a user or usergroup basis, the automatic message when you modify a button.
You could set it so it never appeared, or that it appeared only on posts modified after a certain amount of time had passed since the message was posted.
For example let's say 1 minute, if the user modifies his post within 1 minute no message appears, if more than that has occurred, then he will get the "Modified by xxx on xx-xx-xx" message.

I used to set this thing in older invision boards, but I've heard that it's not possible anymore in the default new IP-Board. Is this true?
Where can I get further details?

Posted (edited)

No it still can display the edit by line as I shall demonstrate for you. Its per group if you give them the option to be able to remove it or not.

Test Edit :)

Edited by ΑndyF

Posted

[quote name='Akumasama' timestamp='1345812666' post='2300414']For example let's say 1 minute, if the user modifies his post within 1 minute no message appears, if more than that has occurred, then he will get the "Modified by xxx on xx-xx-xx" message.
You're thinking of a different product. There have been mods (requiring file edits) for IPB 2.x to allow edits within a period of time without the edit message, but it's not a built in feature of IP.Board. As AndyF demonstrated, you can have it show a message (you can set which member groups may disable the message) but that will show no matter when you edit the post.

If you need or want to allow members to edit a post within a period of time without forcing the message, I made a hook to do that and you can find it in the IPS Marketplace.

AndyF likes this