1 reply to this topic

#1 Expert Pixels

Expert Pixels

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hey all,

I recently purchased.. IP.B + IP.C for my new project.. My site / project will primarily be used to promote both my free & premium designs, the site will also contain webmaster forums guides and tutorials etc etc.. I still need to purchase IP.Nexus and the IP.Blog addon... but believe i can add this is later without it effecting much... <--- Please advise me if this is not the case.

OK.. My Two Questions:

#1 Am i better of waiting for 3.4 before starting to install / develop my website.

#2 Will i need IP.Downloads since i will be offering digital downloads..

#3 How long (ROUGHLY) until 3.4 is out ?? just a rough time frame please !!

#1)... I have the latest IP.board & IP.content right now.. and am ready to start putting my site together / creating a new design / skin.. will this 3.4 update force me to start my design all over again.. or can i start now and not run into too many problems.. i don't mind if it's just a few template edits.

#2)... I am sure the last time i setup a project like this offering free / premium designs using nexus that we did not have IP.Downloads.... can someone in the know please inform me whether this will be needed or not ?? what advantages will IP.Downloads bring to the table.. please be honest !! i don't want to purchase it right now if it's not going to carry some advantages.

Sorry for what would see simple questions, Ive not used IPB / IPS for about 1 year now. I am just running a little behind for this project and need to do things correctly from the start now... i don't have time to go back and fix things so i thought i best ask and try to get things sorted from the start.

Regards, Darren

#2 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,558 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hey all,

I recently purchased.. IP.B + IP.C for my new project.. My site / project will primarily be used to promote both my free & premium designs, the site will also contain webmaster forums guides and tutorials etc etc.. I still need to purchase IP.Nexus and the IP.Blog addon... but believe i can add this is later without it effecting much... <--- Please advise me if this is not the case.

You can purchase the addons later, that's not a problem.

OK.. My Two Questions:

#1 Am i better of waiting for 3.4 before starting to install / develop my website.

#2 Will i need IP.Downloads since i will be offering digital downloads..

#3 How long (ROUGHLY) until 3.4 is out ?? just a rough time frame please !!

#1)... I have the latest IP.board & IP.content right now.. and am ready to start putting my site together / creating a new design / skin.. will this 3.4 update force me to start my design all over again.. or can i start now and not run into too many problems.. i don't mind if it's just a few template edits.

#2)... I am sure the last time i setup a project like this offering free / premium designs using nexus that we did not have IP.Downloads.... can someone in the know please inform me whether this will be needed or not ?? what advantages will IP.Downloads bring to the table.. please be honest !! i don't want to purchase it right now if it's not going to carry some advantages.

Sorry for what would see simple questions, Ive not used IPB / IPS for about 1 year now. I am just running a little behind for this project and need to do things correctly from the start now... i don't have time to go back and fix things so i thought i best ask and try to get things sorted from the start.

Regards, Darren

1) IP.Board 3.4 will have minimal front end changes. I would not recommend waiting for 3.4, unless you have other reasons to do so.

2) If you wish to offer digital downloads, yes IP.Downloads is your best bet. If you wish to sell those downloads, IP.Downloads + IP.Nexus will allow you to do so (it is what powers our marketplace).

3) We have not publicly posted any expected time frame. When we upgrade our company forums, public beta testing won't be far off. I'm afraid we don't have too much more we can say about when it will be released just yet.
  • Aiwa likes this

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users