#1 Insy

Insy

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Hello,

I'm very interested in IP.Content and IP.Nexus to replace Joomla + WHMCS.

I would like to know if it is possible to develop myself other types of registrars with IP.Nexus ? As other users have mentioned, eNom is very expensive and we already use another registrar (OVH). Development does not scare me, I just want to know if it is possible to add or if we need to wait for IPS to do themselves.

Furthermore, from what I understand, we will soon be able to buy IP.Content + IP.Nexus without the forum. When will this be possible?

Finally, I would like to have some feedback from users on the referencing with IP.Content with a custom template. Is it as good as Joomla or should I expect to fall in the results?

Thanks !

#2 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,608 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hello,

Yes, the registrar system is a plugin-style system, and you can develop plugins to support other registrars.

Unfortunately, there is no word just yet when the forums will be fully decoupled from the suite. This is going to happen with the v4 release (which will be coming up next after IP.Board 3.4 is released), however there is no ETA when it will be available. I would expect some time next year.

WRT to pulling in IP.Content or custom templates, I'm not clear on your question exactly. You can use custom web templates in IP.Content if you wish, and you can pull IP.Content blocks into your IP.Board skin templates. I'm not sure if that answers your question.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users