• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Reality Extractor

Reality Extractor

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

After upgrade and almost successful conversion (some issues with avatar conversion causing issues with profile pics) it became clear that the post conversion did not change internal links on the site.

This is unfortunate. The mybb /thread-###.html hasn't been converted to the appropriate new URL.
For example the mybb /thread-440.html now results in a 404 because the IPB URL for the same post is /topic/405-subject-line-of-the-thread/

Is there any way to automagically fix this if I still have both databases? There ought to be a way to cross-reference this somehow?

#2 stoo2000

stoo2000

I've been here a while...

• +Clients
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

You need to use the URL redirection files, have a look in the Tools directory in the converters zip.

Stuart

Mandrill Bouncer v.1.1.1 - Download Now - Automated Bounce Management
Tracker v2.1.3 - Download Now
Trader Feedback System v1.4.2 - Download Now
Member Map v2.0.0 - Download Now
Content Spy v1.2.4Download Now

#3 Modeltog-Tossen

Modeltog-Tossen

IPB Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

You need to use the URL redirection files, have a look in the Tools directory in the converters zip.

I'm also with a similar issues - and I can't the that in my converters.zip packages.. Does the mention files have the url sting in the filename ?
Regards,
MT

#4 Reality Extractor

Reality Extractor

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

I did that, the config.php for the link redirector is pretty straight forward and difficult to screw up. Yet even though I made the changes in the config and uploaded all the files to the forum root it doesn't do anything.

#5 Mikey B

Mikey B

Rinse & Repeat

• +Clients
  • 779 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

I did that, the config.php for the link redirector is pretty straight forward and difficult to screw up. Yet even though I made the changes in the config and uploaded all the files to the forum root it doesn't do anything.

Feel free to submit a support ticket and we'll take a look at it for you. :thumbsup:
Michael Burton
Invision Power Services, Inc.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” ― Philip K. Dick, VALIS

#6 Reality Extractor

Reality Extractor

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

Feel free to submit a support ticket and we'll take a look at it for you. :thumbsup:

Actually, there is also bug in the Converters-29_May_2012.zip for the mybb link tool. The content of the config.php is:

<?php

// THE URL TO YOUR IPB FORUMS (no trailing slash or index.php)
define('IPB_URL', 'http://www.yourdomain.tld/ipb3');

// THE PATH TO YOUR IPB FORUMS (no trailing slash)
define('IPB_PATH', '/Users/XXX/Sites/ipb3');

// THE CONVERSION ID
// This would have been asked for when setting up the converters
define('CONV_ID', 'mybb');

The php closing tag is missing. But even with the tag there it doesn't work right. Submitting a ticket now.

#7 tera▀yte

tera▀yte

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

The closing php tag is not needed and can be omitted actually. You'll notice a lot of PHP files in IPB missing it.
  • Reality Extractor and Mikey B like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users