So far I'm loving the chat application. Great work, I actually prefer it's hosted on IPB rather than my own chared server. One less thing I have to deal with. Here are some features I thought would be nice to have
1. Invisible mod - I enjoy talking with the members, but not all the time. I would like to check on things without members getting admin happy
2. Private chat - I think this was mentioned but would be nice to have
3. Announcement on top of the chat - "Today is we love IPB day let's talk about it" something like that
4. Edit and delete chats - I'm sure this is on the way
5. Change the name of the chat box from "IP.Chat" to something else
6. Flood control - Some members love the enter button way to much. Character limit would be nice too.
I'd love to see the ability to create multiple rooms within the chat, and have a room listing. Of course continue to have a global limit including all rooms up to the max online users for the package that was purchased.
The reason I want this, is because on my pro photography forum we have 3 major user groups... PrePro, Pro, and Pro-FA. Each with their own category of forums as well. It'd be great if we could create a separate chat room for each, that included a password or included the ability to set per-room group permissions.
It would be useful for me if the chat is only online only when at least one user in a selected list of groups (in practice, the moderator group) is online connected to the chat. I would think this would be a simple addition.
I envision using the chat as an online chat-based help for customers. If no one is available to help, then the chat should be offline.
I can enable/disable the chat anytime from the IP.Chat configuration, but that requires logging in as administrator, enabling it each time, and not forgetting to disable it when I'm done. I've found it cumbersome.