JHT100 added a topic in Pre-Sales QuestionsCollection of Pre-Sales QuestionsHi everyone,
I currently use MyBB, and am looking to see if a few certain features and abilities are available in IPB.
1. In the ACP, there are links to delete all of a member's posts, PMs, etc. Is there a way to execute all of those actions at once and also submit to the spam database?
2. Is there a virtual currency mod? I couldn't find one in Google or in the Marketplace.
Hooks, Modules, and Applications:
1. I guess the simplest way to ask is "How easy or simple is it to create a hook that makes a template change, adds something in the database (e.g. column, table), and adds settings to the ACP" even though that is heavily opinionated.
2. Is there any sort of API for integrating with custom-coded solutions? For example, fetch a member's details, like their avatar, email, etc?
1. Is there a way to get rid of the pink? It's not bad, but it just doesn't exactly suit my tastes. IPB tends to shoot odd colors into themes ;).
1. I have made a few test posts in my IPB demo, and whenever I view the post, I only see IP: Private. How can I change it so that I can see it there instead of "Private"?
1. MyBB had a great mod called "Google SEO" which built friendly URLs and stuff like that. However, if I move to IPB, I really need to be able to keep that URL structure. It is pretty similar ( hxxp://forum.tld/forum-example-forum or hxxp://forum.tld/thread-some-thread-title hxxp://forum.tld/user-username ). Is there an easy way to manage that transition, because the last thing I need is 100% 404s ;)!
Suggestions for IPB from my perspective:
1. The Marketplace is kind of unorganized, in my opinion. MyBB had great organization where they categorized mods by: Administration, Index, Moderation, Forum Display, Misc, and User Profiles. It made it very easy to find the type of mod that you want. The marketplace currently only has very basic categories and a search field. I haven't had much luck with finding mods that I would like, and the search function doesn't seem very... good, at least from the few searches I've done.
Thank you for reading this, and I would really appreciate it if I could get these answers! I apologize if these questions include ones that are really, really frequent or obvious, because it's not my intention to ask those types of things -- I just want to learn more about the software from the people that know it well!
- 14 replies
- 2,299 views