Kaelon added a topic in Pre-Sales QuestionsIPS 4 release date?Hi there,
I am looking to purchase an IPSuite license(s), but I'd obviously like to hold off until version 4.0 is released, given the substantial rewrite that has been taking place. Is there a timeline for release that I can be planning on for my clients?
- 6 replies
- 4,174 views
Kaelon added a topic in Pre-Sales QuestionsPaid Subscriptions import (and retention) from vB 3.8.xHello there!
After years of considering a move to IPS, our Big Board is crossing off one of the final items on our checklist. Can you please help answer this question?
Premise: On our vBulletin 3.8.x forum, we have a number of Paid Subscriptions, recurring payments handled by PayPal and the Payments API at payments.php; thousands of our members have long-standing recurring subscriptions and each time a payment is made, the system updates their subscription with a new expiration date reflecting that payment. Missed payments, or cancellations, result in automatic cancellations. I understand the IP.Nexus offers much of the same functionality.
Question: Is there currently a working importer that will (a) successfully import all vBulletin 3.8.x paid subscriptions; and (b) ensure uninterrupted, continuous recognition of payments sent via the Payments API and other payments calls from PayPal?
Please let me know if this question doesn't make sense. For us, this is the last real major barrier in our potential move over to IPS.
- 3 replies
- 3,703 views
Kaelon added a topic in Pre-Sales QuestionsCombined Support Updates?Hi there,
I understand that I can get substantial (up to 20%) off by purchasing all IP products. However, is there a way that I can "extend" all of the product support licenses concurrently with a single reduced payment, instead of having to extend each product separately?
- 4 replies
- 671 views
Kaelon added a topic in Pre-Sales QuestionsBig Board Convert from vBulletin 3.8.xHi there,
Like [url=" Geek, after a measured "wait-and-see" approach with Internet Brands and vBulletin 4, I am now considering transitioning my "Big Board" from vBulletin to IP.Board and IP's suite of software. I have several questions that are mostly geared towards Enterprise customers, and hope you might be able to clarify them for me as they would really help me in planning my upgrade path. Thank you so much!
Firstly, a bit about my board. We are on a vBulletin 3.8.x forum, have 1.5 million posts, 40,000 registered users, and several hundred forums; our peaks are about 200-300 concurrent users. We are on a multi-server Cloud platform after having made the successful transition away from a dedicated platform earlier this year, and so far, we are loving the improvements in efficiencies that Cloud technology offers us.
1. Can you tell me more about your vBulletin conversion tools? How well can it handle forums our size? What is the end-user experience like for me, as an administrator? (Will I have to worry about time-outs or huge issues during the conversion?) About how much time should I plan to spend on converting my forums and posts?
2. One of vBulletin's end-users released a modification called "vBOptimise", which makes brilliant use of caching of often-issued requests which vBulletin does not cache by default. Does IP have a similar caching flexibility? How does IP perform over the Cloud?
3. Do you have a showcase of Big Boards and Enterprise customers, both big and small, that illustrate how firms are using IP.Board and your other IP products?
4. Do you offer a central repository/community of add-ons or modifications? What does your user-generated and community-contributed content look like?
5. I understand you do virtually all of your skinning through a single physical .css file. Are there other advanced templating options available to those of us who want to radically alter the appearance and layout of IP.Board? Are these sorts of layout modification features available on your other products?
6. Can you tell me more about Invision Power Services, Inc. (the company)? What is its value proposition and mission statement? Are there any individual major stakeholders behind the company whose material ownership could impact the sale of assets, the direction of development, or other business functions?
7. What forums does IP view as its major competitors? And how do you differentiate yourself from these competitors?
8. Do you anticipate your pricing structure for licenses and renewals to change significantly anytime in the near future?
9. Are you running a promotion or sale for vBulletin customers, especially vBulletin Big Board converts? I would most likely be looking at purchasing permanent licenses for all of your software, so any discounts targetted for my demographic would help me make the pitch to our company.
10. Does IP offer "universal search"? That is, will your Search enable users to search all resources (blogs, forums, content databases, galleries, etc.) with a single query?
11. Because our site is on The Cloud (specifically, Mosso: The Rackspace Cloud), we have an atypical setup for our resources and databases, and as such, have only indirect access to our MySQL databases, and exports and imports tend to be cumbersome and require Cloud technician assistance. If we purchased your Conversion service, are your technicians well versed to handle a conversion of this magnitude and complexity, or do you recommend we handle the conversion in-house?
- 8 replies
- 2,618 views