Nexus and Advertising

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wondering if i am missing something. I can create my own advertisement banner, and set it to expire in X days, but i cannot create an advertising package for people to buy, that expires in X days? Only with X impressions or clicks.

Is this right or am i missing something somewhere?

Posted

Nope, there is currently no option to sell ads based on time, only ones based on impressions or clicks.
I've asked about it before, but I don't think enough people have requested it because it's never been added.

Posted

Time-based ads for sale should be added. That's how we sell all of our advertisements, and right now we have to manually bill+add them because Nexus doesn't support it.

CallieJo, Noni and ADKGamers like this

Posted

Agreed, our industry still uses time based as well.

Posted

Hopefully this can be included in Nexus 1.4.

Posted

+1

Posted

+1

Posted

Glad to see this thread getting some love! Maybe we can convince IPS staff to include time-based advertising in Nexus soon!

Posted

Nexus has had this feature for a long time. You simply set up the package to expire after x days.

• Jay • likes this

Posted

Nexus has had this feature for a long time. You simply set up the package to expire after x days.

Nexus allows admins to set time-based ads, but it doesn't allow them to be sold. Nexus only allows selling ads based on impressions.

Posted

Nexus allows admins to set time-based ads, but it doesn't allow them to be sold. Nexus only allows selling ads based on impressions.

buh? packages universally have the option to expire after x days... can we not simply assign a package to an ad slot?...
OK, i see what you are getting at....
BUT if you assign an ad to a package, do not limit by impressions, but limit the actual ad by time, is this not the exact same effect?
Codehusker likes this

Posted

buh? packages universally have the option to expire after x days... can we not simply assign a package to an ad slot?...

OK, i see what you are getting at....

BUT if you assign an ad to a package, do not limit by impressions, but limit the actual ad by time, is this not the exact same effect?

You're right. Ad packages created without an impression limit set ads to expire based on the package renewal date.

I think the confusion is because the description under impression limits for ad packages is "Leave blank to not automatically disable". The description sort of implies that ads will never automatically disable.

It's also confusing because admin created ads have explicit settings for time-based expiration, whereas ad packages just imply expiration based on package renewals.

Posted

You're right. Ad packages created without an impression limit set ads to expire based on the package renewal date.

I think the confusion is because the description under impression limits for ad packages is "Leave blank to not automatically disable". The description sort of implies that ads will never automatically disable.

It's also confusing because admin created ads have explicit settings for time-based expiration, whereas ad packages just imply expiration based on package renewals.

Ok... so this is a matter of better verbiage rather than a missing feature then?
Codehusker likes this

Posted

Verbiage and consistency, yeah.

Posted

Odd, I had no trouble whatsoever setting it up.

Posted

It sort of makes sense how it's set up, but it's confusing enough that at least 8 of us didn't figure it out.

Posted

I'm still unsure of how to limit a package by lets say 30 days after purchase...

EDIT: Think I figured it out :) In the renewal section.