Browsing the Catalog (currently a pain)

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I only have 26 files in my downloads app, but it seems to be a pain for visitors to navigate through the catalog. My fear is that when I reach 100 files, no one will bother to explore them all. When I'm in a file (like http://goo.gl/o1UjO ), there is no option to got to "next" or "previous" file. More clicks than desired are necessary to display a few files. Has this been a discussion among developers?

m3rk0rd likes this

Posted

This has not been previously brought up that I can recall. It wouldn't be hard to add I imagine.

Posted

Anything which improves the IP.Community suite to handle LARGE numbers of anything is a good thing. IP.Downloads and IP.Nexus are both programs that have navigation issues when there are very large numbers of assets. (For instance, I have over 2,500 items in IP Nexus)

Posted

Perhaps a static category list with a jquery sub list that is scrollable and updates more when reaching the bottom? Selecting a particular product could explode its details rather than loading a new page outside the list. That's a concept tha comes to mind.

Anything but flash!

m3rk0rd likes this